Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just a little YouTube clip for this Saturdays Game

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Wind the clock forward 14 days and approximately 19 hours and Buchanan roved one not too dissimilar with aplomb. That too was a fairly important goal in the context of the season.
    It was indeed, and was a great and memorable goal (though not in the same league's as Nick's for skill). He was kicking reasonably well then, but over the last season and a half his kicking has steadily gone down hill.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Aaargh! You shouldn't have done this...for inspiration purposes, I watched the whole last qr of this game before the Pies game.

Needless to say, it didn't work!
    Seriously so did I! At 3/4 time I even mentioned to a mate that I'd been watching it and that we were only 3 goals at 3/4 time against Geelong in that game too. That's where similarity ended.

We outscored Geelong by 20 points in the final quarter.

We outscored Collingwood by 20 points in the final quarter.

Letting Collingwood have 21 scoring shots to 7 in the first three quarters is the biggest difference (and missing Davis).
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

i believe (pls correct me if i'm wrong) that davis hasn't played against geelong since that game, last year he missed it due to his "banishment" - so hopefully that may mess with the geelong players minds a little... well hopefully haha
    also love ablett nearly taking #20's head off keeping the ball in, wish we could see some of that passion and desperation back into our game this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by amy_20 View Post
    i believe (pls correct me if i'm wrong) that davis hasn't played against geelong since that game, last year he missed it due to his "banishment" - so hopefully that may mess with the geelong players minds a little... well hopefully haha
    also love ablett nearly taking #20's head off keeping the ball in, wish we could see some of that passion and desperation back into our game this weekend
    You are correct. That was his last game against Geelong, but also, earlier last year Nick Davis got a hammy and so was sidelined against Geelong (we won that game by 20+ points).
    Kirky is everything you want in a Captain
    'To my band of brothers; we are a team of warriors' - Brett Kirk

Amon the Cannon!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Wind the clock forward 14 days and approximately 19 hours and Buchanan roved one not too dissimilar with aplomb. That too was a fairly important goal in the context of the season.
    I think they were dissimilar. Both a tap from a ruck contest that resulted in a goal, that is about it for similarity. Nick had just kicked 3 and everyone at that ground knew the tap was going to him, he juggled and was able to snap an amazing goal from a tight angle on his wrong foot. For Amon players covered Davis (you see eyes on him and players go to him) and Amon made a pretty simple snap on his natural foot. Both great goals, but one is head and shoulders above the other as far as individual effort (ignoring the games they were kicked in).
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

That still gives me chills, awesome stuff!
    ND really turned it on in the last 1/4, let's hope is can find something akin to that form for the puddy cats today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12