SYDNEY 17.00
    BRISBANE 21.00
    CARLTON 21.00
    KANGAROOS 26.00
    WESTERN BULLDOGS 34.00
    MELBOURNE 41.00
    ESSENDON 51.00
    RICHMOND 67.00

Freo 4th favourites is a big shock. They've been a little kind to Hawthorn aswell IMO.

Dawks at #3

Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Was just reading that list and had the same thoufghts on Freo.. Then I read your last comment..

But remember, this is only where the money is. i.e. They may have opened the betting with some clown from the Freo throwing $10k on the shockers distorting the odds a bit. 4th seems way to high IMHO as well.

The Kangas have gone from a preliminary final to 12th???? Whilst the off-field goings on may prove a distraction this year, they may also galvanise them into action as well. It will probably go one way or the other. Though many thought it was going the other way last year.

Carlton could be the bolters this year given their run of high draft picks and now Judd.

Brisbane too look like they're about to turn the corner. Might be a reasonable year for them.

Hawthorn is a little bit under the odds but should secure at least top 8 this year again.

The illegals will have a very interesting year. They could potentially be the big liders in 2008. Then again so could we...

Looks about right to me.

Remember the Dockers were favourites this time last year. I think their midfield is a bit weak but RP's theory is probably on the money.

Hawthorn are ready, Brisbane and Sydney seem the value bets in that list. Crows and St Kilda are surely too short. Then again, the odds merely reflect where the money's going.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

It's hardly any surprise that Geelong are overwhelming favourites to win the flag. Adelaide should have longer odds than Sydney, Freo's short odds aren't surprising IMO given their lineup and Harvey's coaching and I think the Kangas have been dealt a bit harshly in the odds. It's amazing how much difference Judd makes to the Carlton side according to the bookies.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Get on North at those odds.

They're finally heading in the right direction off the field (already 16k+ members for the upcoming season and the recent signing of Eugene Arocca as CEO) which has lead to an unusually uninterupted pre-season.

Not to mention that arguably their most valuable player in Nathan Thompson is returning from injury.

A couple of big positives for a side that was there abouts all year and finished in a prelim.
    And the man who started it all, the Schneiderman . . . . .

Yeah, but the 2007 finals showed that the Roos are still a long way away.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Yeah, but the 2007 finals showed that the Roos are still a long way away.
    So did the 2006 season for Geelong
    And the man who started it all, the Schneiderman . . . . .

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    Surprised to see the Hawks are that short in the odds, perhaps a case of people falling for "the baby hawks" moniker.
    Looks like Judd and tanking for draft picks will work wonders at Princess Park if the punters are to be believed
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.