Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: South West Sydney.

Senior Player

South West Sydney.

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Moorebank Magpies.

An interesting one for you tara, but it must be lucrative for the club as well.

Well done, and good luck for the season and getting back to where you belong.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Tara, being sticklers for the constitution and doing the right thing, i would have thought that such an important decision as a club name change as per constitution would have to have had all members (including life members) notified 28days prior to extraordinary meeting.

Not sure that this happenend,and given that the club has only a short history,would not have thought there would be a large number of life members,and i know of at least 5 that new nothing of the proposed change.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Steamboat View Post
    Tara, being sticklers for the constitution and doing the right thing, i would have thought that such an important decision as a club name change as per constitution would have to have had all members (including life members) notified 28days prior to extraordinary meeting.

Not sure that this happenend,and given that the club has only a short history,would not have thought there would be a large number of life members,and i know of at least 5 that new nothing of the proposed change.
    I cant comment on those things as Im not part of the committee and have no desire to be as Im far too busy as it is.

I can say though that after seeing Bankstown go to the wall as well as Liverpool and watching numerous other clubs in the past 15 years fall by the wayside anything that ensures the long term financial stability/security of an AFL club in Sydney is a good thing. Wouldnt you agree?

On the retired list
    I agree with you Tara....we have to stop letting political bull@@@@@ and red tape get in the way of the reason we are here....to play @@@@ing football!!!! What happens in the front office should have little to nothing to do with what goes on on the field.
    Last edited by goswannie14; 4th February 2008 at 05:09 PM.

aka Mr Taxman
    Well done to Moorebank Sports - funny with life's little co-incidences I actually drove past the licenced club for the first time yesterday. Looks like a good little operation. The name change, whilst it narrows the demographic, actually helps define ye a bit more about who ye are. Wishing the magpies all the best in the future.
    See me run a marathon again as a leprechaun?
    Donations

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
    Well done to Moorebank Sports - funny with life's little co-incidences I actually drove past the licenced club for the first time yesterday. Looks like a good little operation. The name change, whilst it narrows the demographic, actually helps define ye a bit more about who ye are. Wishing the magpies all the best in the future.

Wont stay little for long as they have plans at council for a large redevelopment, but thanks.

Warming the Bench
    Well done to the lads from SWS for the association with the
    Moorebank Sports Club. This is what RSL/WORKERS/SPORTS
    Clubs are all about isn't it???, giving back to the local community ??

I understand that Chris Eckert is the new under 18's coach for
    2008. I can't speak highly enough of this guy who was a good
    player in his day and was Coach of the year (with John Addison) in 2007 for Bankstown.

I recommend any younger guys looking for a game to go to
    this club., you will learn a lot and enjoy your footy under a great bloke.

On behalf of Bankstown well done and we will see you guys
    at training.
    September 24th, 2005 5.14pm
    What a great moment in all of our lives

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    I cant comment on those things as Im not part of the committee and have no desire to be as Im far too busy as it is.
    No but your wife is..........

So what the latest from SWS or whatever your called.
    Did you end up getting Hazy out of retirement or what.
    Last I heard there was a "bring Hazy out of retirement" page on Facebook, created by one: Marto
    Last edited by The Edge; 5th February 2008 at 04:39 PM.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
    So what the latest from SWS or whatever your called.
    Did you end up getting Hazy out of retirement or what.
    Last I heard there was a "bring Hazy out of retirement" page on Facebook, created by one: Marto
    The Edge at trainig last Tuesday night ran a few laps and dissapeared.
    Carn' The Crows

Nice one pubes, will you be playing yourself this year?
    www.achtungbaby.com.au
    Even better than the real thing!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast