Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swans / Rams scratch match

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks Liz - some good news there, even allowing for the opposition - who I imagine would have given away as little as they could. I hope these talents aren't held back too long. We could see a bit of Bloodletting this season.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

In The Apple Isle Cheer Squad mbr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Thanks Liz for that report.

Big concern on Kennelly's shoulder though. Could be anywhere from playing next week to missing the first 6-8 rounds. Fingers crossed he'll be right.
    I think he should be fine. He wasn't wearing a sling after the game and was moving about and then drove his car as though nothing had happened. He's one tough customer.
    "Two cities, One team, Together, Living the Dream."

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad mbr View Post
    I think he should be fine. He wasn't wearing a sling after the game and was moving about and then drove his car as though nothing had happened. He's one tough customer.
    If it did actually pop out, the key factor is how long it took before it was put back in. When ligaments stretch, they are not elastic, which means the propensity for further dislocations is increased the longer they are stretched.

If it were to pop out again he would need to consider a reconstruction, which would be very bad. The procedure involves tightening the ligaments to stop the shoulder popping out again, but in doing so, restricts vertical movement, which stops the player raising their arms above the head. Needless to say, the player is never the same. Think Wayne Carey (talking about his shoulder, not glassing his partner, grabbing a women's breast at a nightclub, punching and kicking a Miami cop, etc. etc.)
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I had my shoulder reconstructed a looooong time ago. It sucks
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I had my shoulder reconstructed a looooong time ago. It sucks
    Where you drinking to many cups of tea back then?
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post
    Where you drinking to many cups of tea back then?
    No more than I drink now
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline

Veteran Site Admin
    The small snippets in today's papers say

- he is going to have scans on it; but

- Longmire says that Gibbs reckons he'll be OK for Saturday.

Good to see Vespa had a run.This kid can seriously play( I have seen him at TAC level) and from what I have seen and heard I think he will definately give Bird a run for his money in the midfield.
    Hope Tadgh's shoulder hasn't been weakend.It is correct that a dislocation stretches the ligaments and the humerous bone often won't remain back in the socket.I hope he's ok but from my own experience once I stuffed a shoulder like that I did it to both,ended up with two recos and they still aren't stable.

I used to play hockey with a girl who had dodgy shoulders and it got to the stage where we would stop the game for a few minutes,pop her shoulder back in and off we would go again. She would tell us how to hold her arm etc. She would be in serious pain and then gone. Don't think that is a good scenario for AFL though.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

In The Apple Isle Cheer Squad mbr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    If it did actually pop out, the key factor is how long it took before it was put back in.
    It was taken care of straight away.
    "Two cities, One team, Together, Living the Dream."

Daniel Currie is 97kg's now. Only about 4kg away from being at the perfect weight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by satchmopugdog View Post
    I used to play hockey with a girl who had dodgy shoulders and it got to the stage where we would stop the game for a few minutes,pop her shoulder back in and off we would go again. She would tell us how to hold her arm etc. She would be in serious pain and then gone. Don't think that is a good scenario for AFL though.
    Yep, you get to a point where you can just bend your elbow a bit and say to someone "okay, now rotate it the other way" and they do and it goes in pretty much 9 times out of 10.... and the person helping you can feel it happen and throws up

Having a discolated shoulder (lots and lots of times) is by far the most painful injury I've ever had, and I was pretty injury prone as a teenager.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast