Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roosy On 2009

Roosy On 2009

Paul Roos said on MMM yesterday that this may be his last year at the Swannies.He indicated that he would definately not be coaching in Melbourne or anywhere else.
    Probably Longmire is being more pro active now in preparation for next year.

Suspended by the MRP
    Interesting, I thought 2009 would be his last year.

Well if thats true ..........its gonna be a dark day at SCG...

liked longmires as a player.........doubtfull as a coach......

If Roos thinks he's the one who is going to appoint the next coach I think he will be mistaken.

Agree with the above.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Veterans List
    Can Jude Bolton please carry his bags on the way out.

Is it true that Jude Bolton is Roo's love child????????

Its the only reason i can see why he still playing seniors

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Can Jude Bolton please carry his bags on the way out.
    Dog with a bone, Nico!!
    LOL.

Senior Player
    I think its pretty obvious Roos is on the way out. Him being on the interchange isn't just as a side show. It is most certainly to get Longmire used to the coaches box.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMase View Post
    I think its pretty obvious Roos is on the way out. Him being on the interchange isn't just as a side show. It is most certainly to get Longmire used to the coaches box.
    My theory is Roos was going to coach until the end of next year but with the talk of another team in Sydney in 2011 I reckon he will quit as coach one year earlier which is this year, have a year off and then take up an Administrative type position with the AFL to get the West Sydney team up and going and at the same time be pushing the Swans in Sydney as an AFL person not a West Sydney coach. He has stated he would like that type of role but would not coach another Sydney team.

Hold on.

Roos said that if he wasn't going to coach the season AFTER next season (which is when I presume his contract ends.

He went on to say that he was in no position to anoint a successor.
    He said that Longmire would make a good coach one day, but it was entirely up to the club who would be selected as new coach when the time comes.
    Someone from MMM said "you can do whatever you want at the Swans can't you?"
    And Roos joked "you'd think so, but that's not the case.

It was a good interview, and I took from it that Roos coaching from the bench has nothing to do with him setting up Longmire...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

[QUOTE=Bloody Hell;373952]If Roos thinks he's the one who is going to appoint the next coach I think he will be mistaken.
    [QUOTE]If you think Roos will not be allowed to groom the next coach, then, I'm afraid you are very much mistaken!

He's already talking about it quite openly and there is no way Colless would let that happen if it didn't have his blessing.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Hmm it would be a shame to see Paul Roos go, I reckon he has been great for the swans, after all he got us the premiership in 2005, and another dominant year on 2006 falling short of the major by 1 point..

do you guys really think this coaching on the sidelines business is a setup for longmire in the coaches box? I remember a little while back on the swans website Roos strongly recommended Longmire as senior coach when he (Roos) leaves... once again it will be dissapointing..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast