Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who are the best kicks for the Swans you have seen?

Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post

he was surprisingly quick and agile for his size as well
    Aside from his amazing agility for a big guy, that is what made him great. 190cm, 110kg and in the first 5m he was lightning quick. Add to that his super accurate kicking and shrewd footy brain - knew when and where to lead, plus the intimidation factor and you have the ultimate full forward. he had only one weakness and that was Gillies Pies.

He would still regularly kick 100 in today's game. Actually, with the new interpretations of arm chopping, touching in the back etc., he may well have given the 200 a shake. The only thing that would hold him back would be a fear from coaches about relying on one player so much (Roos would tell him kicking goals is not important, tackling, forward defensive pressure yadda yadda). Focal point full forwards are longer in vogue.

Reminds me that as good as Hall is (was), he is but a shadow of Plugger.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Blog Entries
    LRT
    Andrew Dunkley
    Brett Kirk

in no particular order.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I thought Kevin Dyson was a great kick.

Plugger was the best kick at goal I have ever seen.
    You are absolutely right with Dyson. His problem was he was a master at turning over a 70 metre kick. Always seemed to be an opposition player on the end of them.

But I can't believe no one has nominated JOHN PITURA.

He was a brilliant lefty coming off half back and kicked 70 goals in 100 games. He kicked torpedoes with incredible accuracy and distance. I know Malceski kicks with accuracy but his penetration is no where near Pitura. Pitura played some games off the wing but 70 goals in 100 games from mainly HBF and wing is quite outstanding.

Imagine having him coming off the other half back flank and Taigh on the wing.

His last game for us IIRC was at the MCG and even though he was going to Richmond he played a blinder. He was sucked in by the Richmond heirachy and was an abject failure at Richmond.

I only remember Pitura playing for Richmond.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    I only remember Pitura playing for Richmond.
    You missed something special.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Must have been. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a close relative of ours stop following the Swans after that trade?
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Yeah - I remember it was the big trade of the year. We picked up Jackson, Roberts and Teasdale.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Suspended by the MRP
    I remember the name, but I can't remember him playing though, I was too young at the time.

On the veteran's list
    I was going to mention Pitura as well. When he was at South I think he was possibly the best player I had ever seen. However his biggest kick was when he kicked us in the guts!
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

On the veteran's list
    And don't forget Anthony (mummy's boy) Rocca! Another great kick in the guts!
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

On the Rookie List
    mark bayes

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    And don't forget Anthony (mummy's boy) Rocca! Another great kick in the guts!
    You are kidding with that one aren't you? Collingwood play better without him, but they insist on picking him week in and week out when he is fit.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast