Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: swans guernsey

Quote Originally Posted by AussieAnge View Post
    I wasn't commenting on the wearing of the heritage jumper I was referring to Swantastic's repeated haranguing of Sydney based fans.
    I love the fact that we have a good fan base in Sydney & Melbourne and by all accounts there is a good showing in WA too.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by AussieAnge View Post
    I wasn't commenting on the wearing of the heritage jumper I was referring to Swantastic's repeated haranguing of Sydney based fans.
    Thats because your all bandwagon supporters and know nothing about AFL,LOL ..about the only one who does is Liz.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post
    Thats because your all bandwagon supporters and know nothing about AFL,LOL ..about the only one who does is Liz.

Toot toot

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    I was thinking that seeing though the Brisbane Lions wear the old Fitzroy jumper and colours for all their Melbourne games, to honour the old Fitzroy football club, why don't the swans wear the old South Melbourne jumper(like the one they wear during heritage round) at all their games in Melbourne. To honour the South Melbourne football club. I just think this would be a nice thing to see. Your thoughts people?
    A very well thought and written thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cher View Post
    Back in 1996, which was the first Heritage round (or did they call it something else, it was the 100th anniversary year) we wore red and white vertical stripes and black shorts.

I hate the idea of 'clash' jumpers, i think we (and all teams) only need one style of jumper and wear it all the time.
    The idea of a special jumper for the heritage round is good for once a year.

In 1996 we wore Red & White Vertical Stripes with Red Shorts and hooped socks.
    2003 against Hawthorn at the SCG we wore the Black Shorts as the 1933 Premiership side did and the hooped socks

Really hope that we do wear a Heritage Strip in Melbourne , love it when we wore the Team Of The Century jumper against the Pies at Telstra Dome.
    Even Davo looked alright back in it then
    Est 1874
    SMFC

forward coach
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    I was thinking that seeing though the Brisbane Lions wear the old Fitzroy jumper and colours for all their Melbourne games, to honour the old Fitzroy football club, why don't the swans wear the old South Melbourne jumper(like the one they wear during heritage round) at all their games in Melbourne. To honour the South Melbourne football club. I just think this would be a nice thing to see. Your thoughts people?
    Great idea,it should happen

Blog Entries
    BTW...Melbourne is still the best place to live.
    Just ask Mike_B, JF, SR4E, and I'm sure there are a few others that have moved here in the last few years!!
    Oh and ME!!

Spot on johnno,but then the supporters based in Sydney will have a sook,and say they are called the "Sydney Swans"..not South Melbourne.
    They'll still wear the usual jumper at sydney games and other interstate games and finals games swantastic. On another matter, can anyone tell me if the swans have a clash jumper, I remember about 18 months ago, when all the fuss was going on about how collingwood wasnt going to change their jumper and the AFL was saying every club must have a clash jersey, the herald sun had a blogging session with Mike Sheahan, I wrote in and asked him what the swans clash jumper looked like, as I had never seen it, he responded with " the swans dont have a clash jumper", since then, I have never seen us wear one, but am very sure I have heard the AFL say that every team must have one several times now, does anyone know what the deal is with this?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123