Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade me Im no good.

Trade me Im no good.

ok I had to do it - I dont think we need to trade many players the team just needs a tweak here and there - Key defender, speed in the MF? but there are a couple of players who I dont think offer us much who should go(IMHO).

Grundy - have watched closely over last 2 games and not impressed, he really seems to lack the fire and desire to be a top line defender Im sure he is trying but something is missing just cant put my finger on it.
    - trade him.

Moore - a couple of good games but he seems slow and after having a sneek peek at the future - Ves, its hard to see where Moore will fit in. He doesnt have the tank or speed to play MF and if he cant be part of the MF rotation this limits him. I think the kid can play but is he the type of player that will help us progress next year? Trade him get some speed and size.

Ablett - sorry the time has come - his disposal has been woeful this year seems to be going backwards - with Fossie and Bucks back and the great form of Bird cant help thinking Ablett or Jack....gimme Jack

Everrit - too slow even his disposal is dropping off, should have given one of the kids ago but I think playing LRT as the 2nd Ruck is a better option . Given LRT's mobility and agility vs most ruckmen and he went ok there earlier. Treat spiders like the rest of us - get rid of them they scare the kids.

Im really looking forward to next season, the mix of age and experience - a full year for a couple of the kids, Mal and Fossie back and fit. (fingers crossed) Next season may be our best chance to snag another premiership for a few years.

Cheers

Waz

No chance they should trade Moore. More footy smarts than most and he's not fighting with Vespa for a spot.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Everitt surely will go and be replaced by Currie in the first teams plans.

You are very harsh on Moore imo. He is a goal sneak and really is only in his 1st year of senior football. True he is very much unproven, but who exactly are you going to be able to trade him for? A 2nd round draft pick if you were very lucky imo or a player who is probably past his peak which is not what we want to do. See what he can do over the next pre season and next season before even thinking about trading. And even though you cant see Moore fitting in up forward, I can. Ves is only one option and we are going to lose our 2 most significant forwards in Hall and O'Loughlin soon, and O'keefe has now become much more a midfielder. There is going to be plenty of spots up there (Not saying he is going to be a full forward or a chf) up for grabs and he has the potential to be good enough to fit in.

Not sure what to think about Luke Ablett. I think a lot of people are being clouded by a particulary poor last month or so, but he is not the only one and he has been decent for a fair part of the year. If we could get a good trade you would have to be tempted.

Grundy imo will never make it as a defender. His only hope is up forward and Im not sure he is good enough for that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    No chance they should trade Moore. More footy smarts than most and he's not fighting with Vespa for a spot.
    Dont you think Moore and Ves will be competing for the same spot - small forward rotating through the MF?

Cheers

Waz

Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    ok I had to do it - I dont think we need to trade many players the team just needs a tweak here and there - Key defender, speed in the MF? but there are a couple of players who I dont think offer us much who should go(IMHO).

Grundy - have watched closely over last 2 games and not impressed, he really seems to lack the fire and desire to be a top line defender Im sure he is trying but something is missing just cant put my finger on it.
    - trade him.

Moore - a couple of good games but he seems slow and after having a sneek peek at the future - Ves, its hard to see where Moore will fit in. He doesnt have the tank or speed to play MF and if he cant be part of the MF rotation this limits him. I think the kid can play but is he the type of player that will help us progress next year? Trade him get some speed and size.

Ablett - sorry the time has come - his disposal has been woeful this year seems to be going backwards - with Fossie and Bucks back and the great form of Bird cant help thinking Ablett or Jack....gimme Jack

Everrit - too slow even his disposal is dropping off, should have given one of the kids ago but I think playing LRT as the 2nd Ruck is a better option . Given LRT's mobility and agility vs most ruckmen and he went ok there earlier. Treat spiders like the rest of us - get rid of them they scare the kids.

Im really looking forward to next season, the mix of age and experience - a full year for a couple of the kids, Mal and Fossie back and fit. (fingers crossed) Next season may be our best chance to snag another premiership for a few years.

Cheers

Waz
    I agree on Grundy and Spida but you are a long way off the mark with Moore because he is a great player.Your right he doesnt have a lot of speed or a big tank but he has footy smarts which IMHO is a necessary thing.

I used to really like Noggy,but if it come down to it i would choose Jack ATM dont get me wrong Noggy has fitted into our team game plan and executed it very well.

The rest of your observations are pretty good.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Dont you think Moore and Ves will be competing for the same spot - small forward rotating through the MF?

Cheers

Waz
    IMO Scooter and Moore would be a fine additions to our team at the same time.There is room for both of them.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Cheers

Waz
    No I don't. Vespa is a midfielder, just played forward in the seniors due to a low fitness base and to get a taste.

Moore will be a top Swan. I think you will find that he will go in and shed a few kilos this off season (in muscle) and work really hard on the tank. He has a great footy brain, and would have been a #1 pick other than his aerobic capacity wasnt there then....we did well with that and he will be a critical part of our goalsneaking over the years to come....he breaks tackles very regularly.

Grundy was never designed to be a backman, on his debut he played as a forward (kicked 3 goals) and that looked the best spot for him. He may end up on the table at the end of the year.

Spida will retire...almost certainly I think. He writes column article every weekend in the Canberra Times and it reeks of "i'm ending it but not telling anyone yet"

NOG is copping a lot of flack based on recent form. Apart from the last 6 weeks he has been OK, but I doubt B1 will be on the trade table this year, and I really think that Luke will draw substantial trade value - clubs will want him.

With trades though (if we go for quality now as against rebuild) we will have to offer value to get what we need, inevitably we will probably lose a player that would like to keep.
    "We talked five times. I called him twice, and he called me twice."

Eddie McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by Dogzbody View Post
    .....and I really think that Luke will draw substantial trade value - clubs will want him.
    I agree with most of your post, but unfortunately NOG has zero trade value IMO.

pr. dim-melb; m not f

- trade him.

Cheers

Waz
    Three of those aren't giving us much atm, but Moore?! what games have you been watching this season? He is one of the smartest footballers we have, and one of the best ball distributors. His fitness is building, and as for slow - do you remember Greg Williams? If you have those sort of smarts your leg speed doesn't matter all that much.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Three of those aren't giving us much atm, but Moore?! what games have you been watching this season? He is one of the smartest footballers we have, and one of the best ball distributors. His fitness is building, and as for slow - do you remember Greg Williams? If you have those sort of smarts your leg speed doesn't matter all that much.

Not debating Moores ability or footy smarts - he would have been good in the same era as Williams but he may not be suited to todays game? Ive watched every game and noticed how often he goes missing in games or doesnt get to a contest due to leg speed - the kid has talent no doubt.

Just thinking can we carry Moore in a FWD role and leave a Ves or O'dywer out? either of the later 2 will probably be able to play a part in the MF rotation. Even now coaches would target Moore and play a taller faster player on him.

The current /future? trend is for a lightning fast smaller player in the fwd 50 (some teams have 2) who can play a part in MF rotations or in "bursts" from the pine.

Cheers

Waz

Waz

Not debating Moores ability or footy smarts - he would have been good in the same era as Williams but he may not be suited to todays game? Ive watched every game and noticed how often he goes missing in games or doesnt get to a contest due to leg speed - the kid has talent no doubt.

Just thinking can we carry Moore in a FWD role and leave a Ves or O'dywer out? either of the later 2 will probably be able to play a part in the MF rotation. Even now coaches would target Moore and play a taller faster player on him.

The current /future? trend is for a lightning fast smaller player in the fwd 50 (some teams have 2) who can play a part in MF rotations or in "bursts" from the pine.

Cheers

Waz

Waz
    Like everyone else, I can't agree with your comments about Moore. He'll be the Sam Mitchell of our midfield in years to come.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast