Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan O'Keefe - Our Future Captain.

Ryan O'Keefe - Our Future Captain.

As the bloods enter a brand new era of re-building and saying goodbye to the old guard. IMHO Ryan O'Keefe could captain the side to its next premiership in 4yrs (hopefully sooner rather than later).

I think he fits the leadership build like Stuart Maxfield and Paul Kelly, a real no nonsense approach. At 27yrs of age and the eliteness (<--- not a word yet, but sounds good) he has, I believe he can do it!!!!!

Who's with me?

id say no unless it was done next year then id consider it

he will be 29-30 by the time kirk is done and then theres bolton left anyway.

I would like to see one captain next time we reappoint and get rid of the three guys doing it.
    Theres not much left to say

Malceski
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 573v30 View Post
    Malceski
    big concerns over his body lasting though

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Ummm... That tall guy... Indigenous fella... You might of seen him running round.... Picked up a cple of Brownlows... Wears the number 37. Remember him? Think he might nudge out ROK for the captaincy....

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    Ummm... That tall guy... Indigenous fella... You might of seen him running round.... Picked up a cple of Brownlows... Wears the number 37. Remember him? Think he might nudge out ROK for the captaincy....
    i havent seen him run around anywhere in ages

Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    id say no unless it was done next year then id consider it

he will be 29-30 by the time kirk is done and then theres bolton left anyway.

I would like to see one captain next time we reappoint and get rid of the three guys doing it.
    Kirk as Vice Captain to back up ROK (wont happen in a million years) but for the good of the future, it would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    I remember him and so does Roos, yet Bolton got the nod ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    I remember him and so does Roos, yet Bolton got the nod ahead of him.
    And got the decision right. Someone who lets his personal issues so affect his on-field performance is not captaincy material.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    And got the decision right. Someone who lets his personal issues so affect his on-field performance is not captaincy material.
    Yep, and Mr O'Keefe doesn't have this pit fall....

When Leo retires, O'Keefe will be the next co-captain. Not that I'm a fan of the whole co-captaincy thing in the first place, but I reckon that's what will happen.

Not a fan of Goodes as far as captaincy goes. Too inconsistent, and tends too much towards thuggery when things aren't going his way. Not that I don't love him as a player.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

I recall we have 3 and given bevo has done well might be half a chance of a third, ROK would be a good 2/3 and guess that C Bolton would remain 3/3...?

Rod_

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    As the bloods enter a brand new era of re-building and saying goodbye to the old guard. IMHO Ryan O'Keefe could captain the side to its next premiership in 4yrs (hopefully sooner rather than later).

I think he fits the leadership build like Stuart Maxfield and Paul Kelly, a real no nonsense approach. At 27yrs of age and the eliteness (<--- not a word yet, but sounds good) he has, I believe he can do it!!!!!

Who's with me?
    I reckon O'Keefe will want to be traded at seasons end as I don't think he has re-signed as yet. If I am wrong, please advise.

The Swans may also look to trade him and get a quality young midfielder + draft pick. Maybe somewhere like Carlton or Essendon....

BTW - I would be devastated if he left the good ship Sydney Swans.
    Well somebody told me, You had a boyfriend, Who looks like a girlfriend,That I had in February of last year, It's not confidential, I've got potential

Somebody told me, The Killers, Hot Fuss, 2004.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast