Thread: All Australian Squad

Senior Player
    see first message da

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    Indeed. Stiffed again.
    Just from thinking about him?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Regular in the Side

All Australian Squad

The AFL All Australian Squad has been announced:

Defenders: Nathan Bock (Adelaide) Corey Enright (Geelong) Sam Fisher (St Kilda) Tom Harley (Geelong) Luke Hodge (Hawthorn) Max Hudghton (St Kilda) Luke McPharlin (Fremantle) Andrew Mackie (Geelong) Darren Milburn (Geelong) Dale Morris (Western Bulldogs) Daniel Pratt (North Melbourne) Matthew Scarlett (Geelong)

Forwards: Jonathan Brown (Brisbane) Daniel Bradshaw (Brisbane) Brendan Fevola (Carlton) Lance Franklin (Hawthorn) Brent Harvey (North Melbourne) Steve Johnson (Geelong) Paul Medhurst (Collingwood) Daniel Motlop (Port Adelaide) Robert Murphy (Western Bulldogs) Ryan O'Keefe (Sydney) Matthew Pavlich (Fremantle) Nick Riewoldt (St Kilda)

Midfielders/ruckman: Gary Ablett (Geelong) Jimmy Bartel (Geelong) Simon Black (Brisbane) Adam Cooney (Western Bulldogs) Joel Corey (Geelong) Dean Cox (West Coast) Daniel Cross (Western Bulldogs) Brett Deledio (Richmond) Lenny Hayes (St Kilda) Chris Judd (Carlton) Brett Kirk (Sydney) Sam Mitchell (Hawthorn) Drew Petrie (North Melbourne) Matthew Richardson (Richmond) Aaron Sandilands (Fremantle) Joel Selwood (Geelong).

It will be culled down to 22 names in the next few day. Remarkably, Craig Bolton was left out completely. Notwithstanding the presence of O'Keefe and Kirk, I wouldn't hold your breath that a Swan player will make the 22

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    It will be culled down to 22 names in the next few day. Remarkably, Craig Bolton was left out completely. Notwithstanding the presence of O'Keefe and Kirk, I wouldn't hold your breath that a Swan player will make the 22
    IMHO the only Swan with a chance is Kirk - C Bolton has had only an average2nd half of the year by his standards, while ROK was very quiet the last 6 weeks. Kirk is the only one who could possibly claim to have played at a high level all year.

I'm not expecting to see him in the team though - there are plenty of other midfielders who have had better years.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    IMHO the only Swan with a chance is Kirk - C Bolton has had only an average2nd half of the year by his standards, while ROK was very quiet the last 6 weeks. Kirk is the only one who could possibly claim to have played at a high level all year.

I'm not expecting to see him in the team though - there are plenty of other midfielders who have had better years.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Duck Butt's had a VERY quiet 2008.

Kirk has been consistently good all year.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

All-Australian

welldone Kirk and O'Keefe on making the top40 and both should make the 22. But i think the unluckest not to get in and should be in the 40 was Martin Mattner.

10, 9, 8, 7 ,6 ............

EDIT: Some mod is quick, I didn't finish my 'countdown to move'
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Couldn't agree more.
    Duck Butt's had a VERY quiet 2008.
    I disagree, I think he has been quite the last month and a bit (was non existent out there on the weekend!) but before that I think he was in AA form.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I disagree, I think he has been quite the last month and a bit (was non existent out there on the weekend!) but before that I think he was in AA form.
    Definitely has been quite [sic], along with Big Jols.
    Both saving themselves for Sept!!!

Blog Entries
    Whoops!

Mattner not on the shortlist is ridiculous. Craig Bolton can count himself very unlucky as well. I doubt O'Keefe will make the final cut, but Kirk might squeeze in.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Would love to see Kirky made captain.
    I don't think C Bolts year has been as good. He's struggled with Leo out and having to hold our make shift backline together. He must be buggered.
    For every great thing Mattner does (and many are good) he was massive brain fades that stand out in the memory and sometimes change the perception of his game. Same as C Bolts, has struggled with Melcho/Tadhg being out and not playing well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast