Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lethal or Sheedy as coach of Western Sydney?

I sat with him on a plane to Cairns in June and I asked him if he would be coaching GC17 and he said no. Then I asked him if he will be coaching the Blacktown Bogans - and, after he laughed at the name, said "no comment" ... which we all know means "yes".

I heard him on the radio this morning (Nova) talking about wanting to tap into the large indigenous community in the area to look for future talent.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Coaching these days involves a fair chunk of media management and manipulation. Sheeds is an excellent choice in that regard, and as has been said before on here he's got the drive to see the expansion flourish. With a little bit of luck he'll do for GWS what Barassi did for the Swans: a short stint to get them on the right track for the future.
    10100111001 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I sat with him on a plane to Cairns in June and I asked him if he would be coaching GC17 and he said no. Then I asked him if he will be coaching the Blacktown Bogans - and, after he laughed at the name, said "no comment" ... which we all know means "yes".

I heard him on the radio this morning (Nova) talking about wanting to tap into the large indigenous community in the area to look for future talent.
    Hahahah, what a media whore Sheeds is. Looking forward to the self-appointed grand old sage of the game being shown up for the coaching has-been that he was in his final days at Essendon (spit).

What else would you expect from this plastic outfit. Everything to date points towards the Bogans as being all fur coat and no knickers......

Sheeds' appointment won't mean a thing when they are getting pumped by 100 points in front of 5,000 disinterested "fans"....

I'm not feeling the Sheedy love at all. I'm sure the bogans are waving their cardies high over their heads at this one. A deadset AFL legend - wow. They'd thrilled if they knew who he is.

Much better to get a Harley or Buckley type - someone young and articulate who could be taken seriously, not some lame BS artist like Sheedy with coaching practices from the last century.

The upside is there'll be two derbies a year. I'm sure Longmire's banked the points already.

And Nathan Rees was involved. No further proof needed. NSW Premier played key role in luring Sheedy to Sydney - RFNews
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Told youse this news back in June. Now you're all surprised!!!
    Pfft I told you all this back in September 08!
    Swannies for life!

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Enough time to get Hird up here (out there) as his succession plan!
    Awesome news. He is going to fabulous for GWS and is such a charismatic guy. Just check out the accompanying photo to the Hun story.
    Last edited by Lucky Knickers; 9th November 2009 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Enough time to get Hird up here (out there) as his succession plan!
    Awesome news. He is going to fabulous for GWS and is such a charismatic guy. Just check out the accompanying photo to the Hun story.
    You are kidding aren't you? Last time I checked the Bombers had a Reserve Grade side already....

Hate to be a fly in the soup, but who the frack appointed him? Is this an AFL appointment? If so, since when do they appoint coaches of clubs??

Quote Originally Posted by Chow-Chicker View Post
    Hate to be a fly in the soup, but who the frack appointed him? Is this an AFL appointment? If so, since when do they appoint coaches of clubs??

Gonzo I assume.

This really is a fly-by-night operation to date. Gold Coast were, rightly, put through a huge number of hoops to get the green light.

As well as the millions of ratepayers' money and QLD government funding they needed commitment from 20,000 locals to become football club members, a $5 million net asset base and 111 sponsors (at least one major, 10 secondary level and 100 tertiary) by mid-October 2008.

In short they needed to demonstrate that a sound business model existed and that there was sufficient COMMUNITY support for such a team.

None of these criteria have been addressed with the Bogans. As far as I know their is no consortium, no due diligence. Just a hunch that this roll of the dice will be a huge winner.

Why not go down a similar due diligence model for Team Bogan? Get the backers and funding in place, get the sponsor commitments, get the members lined up. It's basic business sense...

Instead we have a dictatorial approach from an egomaniac who is in such a hurry to have a legacy a la Allen Aylett that he is making a $100M plus play for Western Sydney with OUR (i.e. AFL stakeholders and supporters) money without even demonstrating that the area even want a team.

This "if we build it they will come" model is just rubbish. We've been there before and any new club needs to be built on sound foundations. There is absolutely no way this mob will be ready to rumble in merely two years time.

Draft concessions anyone.....
    Last edited by Mug Punter; 10th November 2009 at 12:07 AM.

When they are funding it.

Sheedy is the best man to get the Club started. I can't wait.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

AFL Commission Member Sam Mostyn today joined Kevin Sheedy for the announcement of his appointment, along with Dale Holmes, the General Manager of AFL NSW, and AFL General Manager of Development David Matthews, the chair of the Team GWS football sub-committee.
    That's the closest link I can find to Team GWS, from their website.
    10100111001 ;-)

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    It doesn't matter what the results are for the new club, Sheeds is the perfect fit.
    He will spice it up a bit. Give AFL a much bigger presence in Sydney.
    Sheeds will be good value for this town. He's got nothing to lose, and we will thoroughly enjoy his tenure.
    Now they need someone really interesting to be NO 1 member.... Liz Ellis she'll do me.

HP
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast