Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survey re: Elimination Final

Regular in the Side

Survey re: Elimination Final

Just received a survey from the Swans/AFL regarding the Swans v Roos final. Looks like the AFL has realised that they buggered it up. The questions pretty much all asked why I didn't go and how I could have been persuaded otherwise. Hopefully some good will come of this!
    Life's not a spectator sport

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What did you say? What did you say? What did you say?

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Narf!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

I've copied the questions for those who didn't get it but are interested.

1. For all:

1. Please enter your details below
    2. Please enter your postcode here
    3. Which area of Sydney/NSW best describes where you live?
    4. Please indicate which answer below best describes your Membership
    5. Have you ever been to a sporting event at ANZ Stadium (formerly Telstra Stadium)
    6. Did you attend a Swans match this year in Sydney?
    7. Did you be attend the first final played at ANZ stadium on Saturday September 6th between the Swans and the Kangaroos?

2. For Members & Supporters who did attend:

1. If your ticket was purchased via Ticketek, which sentence below best describes your ticketing purchase:
    2. How was yout ticket purchased
    3. Which sentence sums up the ticket purchasing experience for you?
    4. How would you rate your experience?
    5. Thinking about what you paid for your ticket/s and the actual match day experience, do you believe you got value for money?
    6. Would you attend another AFL Final at ANZ stadium
    7. Prior to the Finals, Swans Members were mailed a Finals Ticket guide to all households. Which sentence best sums up how you felt about the guide?
    8. Thank you for your time. Is there any comment you would like to make relating to purchasing tickets as a Member to the Toyota AFL Finals Series:

3. For Members and supporters who did not attend

If you did ATTEND, thank you for your time - and click DONE at the end of this page to submit this survey.

If you did NOT attend, please complete the questions below:
    1. Did you expect the Swans to be playing a home final on the weekend of September 6th at ANZ stadium?
    2. Thinking about pricing for an AFL Final, what is your perception of the entry prices? Please select which response best matches you:
    3. The AFL announced on the Sunday night before the game that the match would be played at ANZ Stadium.
    Given that this provides only 6 days notice out from the game, did this affect your decision to attend?
    4. Ticket prices for the final at ANZ Stadium ranged from $35 for standard seating through to $75 for premium seats. A family ticket (2 Adults and 2 juniors) was $76.
    Which response best matches how you feel about the pricing schedule:
    5. We understand that there are many reasons - many of them personal - why people cannot attend matches. Thinking about the Finals match on September 6th, we would appreciate it if you could let us know the key reasons why you did not attend the match (Please click more than one boxes):
    6. Would more Television & radio advertising in advance of the games enticed you to attend?
    7. Had the match have been played at the SCG, do you think you would have attended?
    8. Prior to the Finals, the Swans mailed out a Finals Ticket guide to their Members. Which sentence best sums up how you felt about the guide?
    9. Thank you for your time. As a Member/Suporter, is there any comment you would like to make relating to why you did not attend last weeks final?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Vincere Aut Mori
    East Melbourne, a 'barrel' from where premierships are won
    Interesting. I wonder if our 9,000 plus Melbourne members are also going to be surveyed or overlooked, again.
    Supporting the club formerly known as South Melbourne ?

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    What did you say? What did you say? What did you say?
    I said the reasons I didn't attend was basically because I'm NARF; it was too cold, the rain would have affected the taste of my chardonnay, the Swans had been losing and I'm fickle because I'm from Sydney and it was too far for me to drive down from my mansion on the Northern Beaches.

I told them the truth: I basically can't stay awake past 9:30pm, finding a babysitter was going to be difficult and these days I can barely be bothered leaving the house at all. Oh and the ticket prices were a bit of a stretch for me right now and put off any friends who may have been interested in coming with me. I made the point about prices first because that's what initially put me off.
    Life's not a spectator sport

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Blood View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if our 9,000 plus Melbourne members are also going to be surveyed or overlooked, again.
    As the survey asks
    "3. Which area of Sydney/NSW best describes where you live?"
    I doubt they are interested about Victorian's who did or didn't attend.
    CHER - Who has two types of blood cells "RED ones and WHITE ones"

Vincere Aut Mori
    East Melbourne, a 'barrel' from where premierships are won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cher View Post
    As the survey asks
    "3. Which area of Sydney/NSW best describes where you live?"
    I doubt they are interested about Victorian's who did or didn't attend.
    I did notice that. I suppose the AFL wouldn't have the wit to change "Sydney/NSW" to "Melbourne/Victoria", would they? Unfortunately, they, the AFL are not interested in our Victorian members, period.

Perhaps we'll receive an AFL survey on the atrocious free-to-air TV coverage we receive in Melbourne ... I think I must be dreaming!
    Supporting the club formerly known as South Melbourne ?

In The Apple Isle Cheer Squad mbr's Avatar
    I didn't get surveyed
    "Two cities, One team, Together, Living the Dream."

I did notice that. I suppose the AFL wouldn't have the wit to change "Sydney/NSW" to "Melbourne/Victoria", would they? Unfortunately, they, the AFL are not interested in our Victorian members, period.

Perhaps we'll receive an AFL survey on the atrocious free-to-air TV coverage we receive in Melbourne ... I think I must be dreaming!
    Celtic, it's a specific survey for a specific issue that involves why supporters/members didn't attend the Roos final.

Why would they ask Melbourne members to participate in that?????

Sometimes peoples logic on this board amazes me.

We have a Melbourne Membership Team staffed by a fulltime manager and a couple of staff, we have a Melbourne based board member for the first time since our move to Sydney and we currently make up over 30% of the club members. What makes you think they don't care what we think about the club and membership.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Blog Entries

Pick the odd words out: South Melbourne Sydney Swans.

While they're at it, they should also be asking, "WOuld you support the Swans if it didn't make the final 8?". "Would you still go to Swans games if we tanked out for a couple of seasons?" &c.

I'm not having a cheap dig. Surveying members (and non-members) is the least the club could be doing. We've been told that in the Most Competitive Sporting Market In The World the team can't afford not to make the finals. I think that's probably true - but what would I know?

As it is the cornerstone of the club's entire football and marketing strategies, it's not the kind of thing that should be left to chance. The Swans and the AFL should have polled Sydney to death on this topic. If we're going to be a marketing-driven club we may as well be professional about it.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast