Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NSO Updates Thread

What I noticed....

Scott Stevens looks like he stared the season well again
    Barry Hall gave away 2 50m penalties, hopefully just getting back in the swing of things
    Jude Bolton kicked 2
    The Swans seemed to come out after the breaks fired up and dominating, only to be pegged back by the Bombers

It will be interesting to hear how is was live

I know we can't read anything into it, for all I know Lloyd only played 1 quarter etc etc, but none the less, a good start.

Good for the players, and good for mrmberships hopefully....
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

A win is a win - Dont take anything away from them. Looks like I'll have to eat my words about Roos.

You ARE joking, right?
    We win a practice game, and THAT changes your mind?
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Shouldnt that be "Cure the Insane" and then I could say what I have always wanted to say!!!

"Physician heal thyself"

Now edit the crap out of that.........

Gavin Dore was the umpire and we still won.

Appears Thewlis played even though he wasn't named

Well it seems to be a good start with a fade away late on, but I supose that was when we played the kids. Lets hope its a sign of things to come and we have a fair few wins to be happy about. But like last season I repeat myself "let's not get go overboard it was a pre season match after all".

I'll wait a few weeks before any famous last words
    Once was, now elsewhere

Draft Scout
    Hope they get rid of that dreaded fade mentality. I'm not sure my nerves could cope with another 2002 repeat. Bury a club while it is down and then demoralise them, not let them back in to hit the front. Not again!

Veteran Site Admin
    Originally posted by Ajn
    Hope they get rid of that dreaded fade mentality. I'm not sure my nerves could cope with another 2002 repeat. Bury a club while it is down and then demoralise them, not let them back in to hit the front. Not again!
    AJN - read the post I've just put up with some observations on the game. It wasn't so much a fade as a group of very inexperienced players not quite knowing how to cope with a run-on. And to their credit, they collectively dug very deep in that last five minutes not only to stem the tide but to snatch back the lead. I was pretty impressed by that.

Both teams had most of their senior players off by this stage, but I think Sydney's 15 was probably the less experienced, and they were certainly physically much slighter than Essendon's kids. Cupido, for example, is a very strongly built lad and he was one of their prime movers in that final quarter.

On the Rookie List swansrock4eva's Avatar
    Alos, during the second quarter, a certain irishman appeared to slip, reach for the hip area, and wasn't seen after half time. he did some sprints at 3/4 time with a bit of a limp. Doens't seem to be a major concern, but stil, something to look out for info about in the next few days possibly...

Originally posted by lizz
    It wasn't so much a fade as a group of very inexperienced players not quite knowing how to cope with a run-on. And to their credit, they collectively dug very deep in that last five minutes not only to stem the tide but to snatch back the lead. I was pretty impressed by that.
    I took comfort out of your report, as obviously the major switches in players and the large use of new players would have produced major swings in the game. There was a slight fade-out before half time though. Good to see they finished strongly though.

Where was LRT? Is he going to be playing this year?
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Veteran Site Admin
    Originally posted by NMWBloods

Where was LRT? Is he going to be playing this year?
    LRT must be carrying an injury. He wasn't listed as due to play. He doesn't seem to have been part of the main group of players during training, so hopefully its just a case of nursing him along slowly.

There was a group of non-participating players hanging around on the ground just before the start, all sporting what seems to be the new "uniform" of dark greenish/grey polos. (The coaching staff were wearing the same.) This included LRT, Hunt (I think), Sundqvist and a few others. Two were dark-haired, medium sized and I had thought one was Thewlis, given he wasn't listed as playing. But then he appeared out on the ground. One I think was Crawford, maybe the other O'Mahoney? No sign of players like Seymour, Barry, Ball, Doyle, Davis, O'Loughlin, Saddo, Crouch though. Maybe they were all tucked up somewhere nice and dry!

On the Rookie List swansrock4eva's Avatar
    I saw Doyle, Davis, O'Loughlin and saddington around during the clinic, and then literally walked into plugger, apologised profusely and looked up at who i ran into then went "Oh!"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast