• Dockers - between 20 and 39 points

1 1.39%
  • Dockers - 40 points or more

1 1.39%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 5 - Fremantle

Round 5 - Fremantle

Hmm. This week's game is hard to tip.

Normally you wouldn't pencil in a win playing the Dockers at Subiaco. It's been 10 years since we last defeated them in Perth, and that was Round 21 at the WACA in 1999. The only time we've defeated them at Subiaco was Round 15 in 1998.

Also, the Dockers very nearly beat us at the SCG in Round 19 last year. No-one was expecting that at the time.

Having said that, the Dockers were pathetic against St. Kilda on the weekend. They're not playing well at all. But then we're not exactly setting the world on fire either. And our style of play has a habit of keeping the opposition in the game.

Remember the Eagles game last year at Subiaco? Everyone thought that was going to be a percentage booster and we barely got home by the skin of our teeth.

It could go either way, but I think the Dockers might come good actually.

Freo by 15 points.
    Last edited by Cheer Squad; 20th April 2009 at 03:32 PM.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post

Freo by 15 points.
    You're on drugs.

Can you please share?

Swans by as many as you like..

Veterans List
    As anyone who has watched the Swans for more than a week knows, we're playing hot and cold at present. But I think that we can outdiscipline the Dockers out of this game. If we are soft, they'll remember they can play and we'll lose.

But if we show the same commitment that we did against a much better team on Saturday, we may get a percentage boost.

Swans by more than 40.

On exposed form, we are absolute morals.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Normally you wouldn't pencil in a win playing the Dockers at Subiaco. It's been 10 years since we last defeated them in Perth, and that was Round 21 at the WACA in 1999. The only time we've defeated them at Subiaco was Round 15 in 1998.
    That's a little misleading as we haven't played them at Subi since 2004.

Freo by 15 points.
    Yes, I don't think we're a shoe-in as many seem to think.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    That's a little misleading as we haven't played them at Subi since 2004.
    Not really. All up, we've played the Dockers on five occasions at Subiaco for only one win. The other three times we played them in Perth were at the WACA, again for only one win.

IMO, the draw hasn't been fair to the Dockers in recent times when it comes to playing against us. Home ground parity for them has been sacrificed on the altar of our rivalry with the Eagles.

Regular in the Side
    yeah this is a danger game..
    if u honestly think that freo will play like we did against St Kilda, again this week..
    If we are hard at the ball, move it quickly on the big open ground we will win, we should win.. We are a better team than freo, but it will take opur yngsters to step up as well...

Did none of you see what West Coast did to the Doggies yesterday after their humiliation at the hands of St Kilda in round 3?

Also, the Dockers very nearly beat us at the SCG in Round 19 last year. No-one was expecting that at the time.

Having said that, the Dockers were pathetic against St. Kilda on the weekend. They're not playing well at all. But then we're not exactly setting the world on fire either. And our style of play has a habit of keeping the opposition in the game.

Remember the Eagles game last year at Subiaco? Everyone thought that was going to be a percentage booster and we barely got home by the skin of our teeth.

Freo by 15 points.
    You must bring real cheer to the squad.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    You must bring real cheer to the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Did none of you see what West Coast did to the Doggies yesterday after their humiliation at the hands of St Kilda in round 3?
    Perhaps humiliating losses to St Kilda is the new guide to the form book.

Round 1 we were embarrassed and then came out and whipped the reigning premiers.

Round 2 the Crows were beaten on their own turf by the Saints before crossing the Nullaboar and comfortably beating the Shockers

Round 3 the Eagles were flogged by St Kilda before bursting the Doggies bubble.

Round 4 Freo were mauled by the Saints......we need to watch out and take nothing for granted.

We should win comfortably, but every team drops some of those matches - we cant afford to do that at this stage.

This is a game that we SHOULD win, but it's not necessarily a given considering we haven't faced the Dockers at Subiaco since 2004 (our last loss against them) and I reckon they'll be all guns blazing after a woeful month of footy.

However, I reckon we'll still win in the end and by 23 points.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast