Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RWO widely held beliefs

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    Footy is about opinions. I have had a look at the clip and its worse than my hazy memory here at the nursing home. Davo actually ran away from the ball and the goals. Now he had two options (your suggestion that he ran a decoy is inventive). One was to shepherd which he didn't do and the other was to move into the pack. He did neither and as I said thank christ for Buchanon. The point i am making is that our recollections are coloured by bias and when things occur in the game. Three other points - the tape shows just how much we owed Ball for the premiership. His ruck work in the finals series particularly on the forward was a big factor in the win against Geelong and in the GF. And how much we owe Buchanon for the GF win. Not only did he in the clip attack the ball under enormous pressure in a grand final and kick the winning goal but he played a blinder. I can forgive him a lot in his recent drop off in form and it would be decent if people tempered the calls for his dumping with at least an acknowledgement of what he did on that day. And finally the Bevanator (another unsung hero of the 05 finals campaign) lays a ferocious tackle on the recovering victim with medicinal problems at 13 seconds if i'm not mistaken. A little high but he nailed him. Worth a look just for that. Thanks.
    In my opinion you're mistaken about Davis; I think his move was deliberately planned and practised.
    And in my opinion you're absolutely right about Buchanan; I'm one of those who think he was robbed of the Norm Smith. Incidentally, so does the Age footy supplement.
    And in my opinion it's fun to see normal service resumed on the subject of the Bevanator.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

This thread has become priceless. I love it. Tragics Rule!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Darl, I'm sure we voted and the majority said that we owed Leo Barry for the GF win.
    That's assuming you ignore the fact Leaper kicked it staight to Cox in the first place, one could also argue that LRT crunching the pack from the other side contributed to Leapers grab....etc etc etc
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    That's assuming you ignore the fact Leaper kicked it staight to Cox in the first place, one could also argue that LRT crunching the pack from the other side contributed to Leapers grab....etc etc etc
    Also in the pack was Buchanon. He was too small, completely out of position and had buckleys of even getting a glove on it. But in he went. He would have died in a ditch for the club that day.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Veterans List
    fails to pick up.
    You got this bit wrong shags. I am pretty sure his form in this area has been well documented on RWO.

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    Aren't tackles just an indication of how often you're opponent is running away from you carrying the ball?
    You're right RP, those with high tackle counts are usually those that are second to the ball because they are being beaten.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Blog Entries
    Footy is about opinions.

I thought Footy was about kicking goals?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    That's assuming you ignore the fact Leaper kicked it staight to Cox in the first place,
    Or the fact he kicked it to Ball(?) who was out run by Cox to the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post

Thats only your opinion
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Blog Entries
    Thats only your opinion
    Man, I didn't realise I was the only one with that opinion.

Or the fact he kicked it to Ball(?) who was out run by Cox to the ball.
    .....kicked to Jolly who was pushed in the back and forced under the ball by Cox, enabling him to take an easy mark....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Silver member, not Gold pinkemu's Avatar

And beer, yelling, cursing, laughing and don't forget kissing.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast