Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Why no Indigenous recruits??

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    Sounds like a typical stereo-typing racist comment to me.

So, generally speaking, you don't think there is any difference in the way White players and Indigenous players play ?
    I do, as do most others who watch or play the game, and to call my comments racist,on the basis, is pathetic.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Blog Entries
    Sounds tempting.... Tahiti or the Caribbean??
    You'll have to talk to Scott. If he me, I'll suggest the Caribbean - see if you can pick up a KPP cheap in a jungle somewhere over there.

On the Rookie List
    Where is the queue of aboriginal youngsters desperately wanting to come to the BIGGEST CITY on the continent... as a preference?

Has Ernie been on walk about? ...and not realised Swans.... in terms of THE luxury of "pick and choose" in the national draft has NOT been in such position for over a decade?

The NEXT best most suitable player in the potential list gets picked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...and it would be rascist & discrimantory to suggest that skin colour necessarily MAKES a would be patronising student better...or worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Yakety_Yak View Post
    Where is the queue of aboriginal youngsters desperately wanting to come to the BIGGEST CITY on the continent... as a preference?

Has Ernie been on walk about? ...and not realised Swans.... in terms of THE luxury of "pick and choose" in the national draft has NOT been in such position for over a decade?

The NEXT best most suitable player in the potential list gets picked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...and it would be rascist & discrimantory to suggest that skin colour necessarily MAKES a would be patronising student better...or worse!
    Ke ??
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    So, generally speaking, you don't think there is any difference in the way White players and Indigenous players play ?
    I do, as do most others who watch or play the game, and to call my comments racist,on the basis, is pathetic.
    So you're saying that Koori people are different to us Anglo Saxons? I take it by the thread you started that you also think we should treat them differently too?

Dunno about you, but that sounds a bit racist to me.

Blog Entries
    So you're saying that Koori people are different to us Anglo Saxons? I take it by the thread you started that you also think we should treat them differently too?

Not many Kooris in the AFL RP. Betting check your lingo?

You just don't get it, or don't want to get it. Yes I do advocate taking a risk, as you say yourself, "it's a big lottery". Whether a player is white, yellow, brown, green or black makes no difference, it's still a punt. ie The recruiters obviously don't know which players are going to be successful, if they did we'd have a team of champions with no duds. So why not take a punt on a few fast and skillful Indigenous boys to add to the mix?..Particually when we have two of the very best Indigenous players to of played AFL on our list, who are keen to help them.
    Whatever.
    You use the words "take a punt" and say that you are not suggesting that we shouldn't select the best available player.
    As you say, every player is a punt.
    But you advocate picking up an indigenous player in preference to a white player simply because we have a couple of black players at the club at the moment.
    Your reasoning is flawed.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    Not many Kooris in the AFL RP. Betting check your lingo?

NFI....

Those guys that were here before us....

So it's the governments fault...yeah right.
    Yep.
    It well and truly is the fault of the various governments in the white people of Australia fully understanding the culture of the Aboriginal people.
    I speak from a Victorian POV where we really have a small % of Aboriginals around compared to other states.
    I'm talking about acceptance and education into their culture etc.
    Because of that, I simply see everyone as being Australian.

How else is one to learn of these things if they aren't educated in schools?
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

On the Rookie List
    Obviously being aboriginal doesn't necessarily make you any special thing as a footballer however it is true to say many aboriginal players who have made it as AFL footballers have exhibited superb afl skills and seemingly "special" talents.As a kid I watched the Krakour brothers in awe! It is not racist to say this as many white or ethnic players have also shown special skills. What would be good for Goodsey and MOL would be to be able to role model and talk the talk with some indigenous recruits. It is no different to Tadh helping Murphy..there are things with people of your own culture that are easy to convey and communicate.Also its easy for youngsters to identify with someone of their own culture. Therefore as this thread kind of suggest,it would be good to recruit indigenous players just so that the special relationship with MOL and Goodsey could occur. Thats all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    You'll have to talk to Scott. If he me, I'll suggest the Caribbean - see if you can pick up a KPP cheap in a jungle somewhere over there.
    I'd recomend a cruise through the Arabian sea, seems to be plenty of agile types, with a bit of fire power there.

Yes Anglo Saxons and Aboriginees are different from eachother. Amazing isn't it? And to call that a racist statement is pathetic.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast