Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Will we lose Horse?

Living in 2005
    I just can't see a "in demand" coach in waiting like Buckley risking going to a Club that is not flush with funds and couldn't even increase their supporter base during their great run during the 90s.

I think he will either wait for Collingwood, or take a 'risk' with a big Melbourne club like Richmond. Outside possibility for Port Adelaide.

Buckley will probably get any job he wants, so he can afford to wait out another year if he has to in the 7 commentary team.

Longmire I think will get the job, unless of course the Swans job is a Neil Craig style 100% certainty.

buckley to north .... they need his name, they need his ability to market and sell the club, they need him for everything he will bring to the club, and they ll pay anything to get him. besides eddie maguire mark 2 i mean james brayshaw would love to get one up on eddie.
    watch this space buckley to north.u heard in on randwonline.
    never mind hutchy we the news breakers here

Quote Originally Posted by doctor swan View Post
    buckley to north .... they need his name, they need his ability to market and sell the club, they need him for everything he will bring to the club, and they ll pay anything to get him.
    You forgot one important thing: does Buckley need North?
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    You forgot one important thing: does Buckley need North?
    Yep, so if the team becomes successful he can take all the credit
    10100111001 ;-)

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    I just can't see a "in demand" coach in waiting like Buckley risking going to a Club that is not flush with funds and couldn't even increase their supporter base during their great run during the 90s.

I think he will either wait for Collingwood, or take a 'risk' with a big Melbourne club like Richmond. Outside possibility for Port Adelaide.

Buckley will probably get any job he wants, so he can afford to wait out another year if he has to in the 7 commentary team.

Longmire I think will get the job, unless of course the Swans job is a Neil Craig style 100% certainty.
    Which is why he might choose to serve an apprenticeship at Sydney with a top coach and a good solid culture, not to mention previous fruitful deals with Collingwood. It would be better for him than Richmond, Port or more 7. But does he see it that way or does he think he can do as well as Voss has done so far? And in any case I think he would want a guaranteed spot at C'wood when Mick goes.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345