Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: something different(last man standing)

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Johnno, u sure the caricature u have is not of the 2006 GF side?

Eski played and Bevan didn't.
    yep, its the one with the player from the 1933 premiership team taking a sip from the premiership cup surrounded by the 2005 team saying..."thirsty? its been 72 years between drinks!" absolutely luv it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    yep, its the one with the player from the 1933 premiership team taking a sip from the premiership cup surrounded by the 2005 team saying..."thirsty? its been 72 years between drinks!" absolutely luv it.
    Then its definitely the wonderful Fossy you spotted. I like him a lot. Used to play his game like a medical graff. Spike and nothing, spike and nothing. But his spikes were unexpected moments of importance.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the Rookie List
    Of course, it will be quite a few years before anybody breaks MOL's record of playing 13 seasons after his first grand final appearance. No one else is within cooee. I agree with the other posters that it will be either Bevo (DOB 27/09/84), LRT (08/09/83) and the other possibility is Ablett (22/11/82) (will the twos count??). At this stage, a settling day in season 2016 or 2017 is distinctly possible.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

On the Rookie List Darren Thomson's Avatar
    Well it seems to come down to Bev or LRT, and Bev doesn't seem to get injured where LRT has had at least one bad one already. However, LRT is a plodder, unlikely to do a hammy, while Bevo is a quick man, very likely, Hmmmmmm I'll go with the previous comment about the Fletcher esque apearance of LRT, he could plod on for years, and I don't mean that in a bad way, I'm an LRT fan always have been. Of course, there is the possiblity that Kirk will play til he's 50, tough bugger

Paul Roos for PM

Hold on, how sure are we that Bevan played in th 05 premiership side. I really don't think he did.
    Remember Leigh Mathews saying he didn't deserve his premiership medal as he went up to collect it, then back tracked and said - yeah he probably did.

McVeigh and Mal definately didn't play as they made a pact that they would be there the next year.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Barry Hall, Nick Davis, Ben Mathews, Ryan O?Keefe, Craig Bolton, Paul Williams, Nic Fosdike, Adam Schneider, Darren Jolly, Tadhg Kennelly, Michael O?Loughlin, Luke Ablett, Leo Barry, Jude Bolton, Sean Dempster, Jason Ball, Jared Crouch, Lewis Roberts-Thomson, Brett Kirk, Amon Buchanan, Adam Goodes, Paul Bevan.

Can see LRT here for the long haul.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Hold on, how sure are we that Bevan played in th 05 premiership side. I really don't think he did.
    I'll give you a tip....there are some footy nuts who frequent this site....and some of them barrack for the Swans....and some of us (God, knows why ) can recite our only premiership team in 76 years in our sleep...so you can be pretty sure that PAUL BEVAN IS A SWANS PREMIERSHIP PLAYER!!! (And Nick Malceski and Jarred McVeigh are not)
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Remember Leigh Mathews saying he didn't deserve his premiership medal as he went up to collect it, then back tracked and said - yeah he probably did.
    Leigh actually said "He probably thinks he doesn't deserve it." IIRC.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Bevan played in the 05 Grandfinal, Malceski was a emergency with Mcveigh. LRT would win.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Macleski, Powell and Spriggs were the emergencies i think.

The first 2 i'm pretty sure of but slightly unsure on the 3rd.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSouth33 View Post
    Of course, it will be quite a few years before anybody breaks MOL's record of playing 13 seasons after his first grand final appearance. No one else is within cooee. I agree with the other posters that it will be either Bevo (DOB 27/09/84), LRT (08/09/83) and the other possibility is Ablett (22/11/82) (will the twos count??). At this stage, a settling day in season 2016 or 2017 is distinctly possible.
    without meaning to throw a spanner in the works here but seeing though the general concensus is that 2016-17 is around the time we will find out who it is, if the swans manage to win another flag between 2009-2015(lets hope so), this competetion only applies to a member of the 2005 team. I started the thread, I set the rules.
    Last edited by goswannie14; 9th July 2009 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Fixed quote

Quote Originally Posted by GoSouth33 View Post
    And the legion of Bevanator fans be sitting on the end of a rainbow.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast