Thread: 1st time at SCG where's the best spot

1st time at SCG where's the best spot

Hi,

I am going to take my son to the St Kilda game next week and never been to the SCG. I am looking at getting gold tickets.

Where is the best place to try and get tickets for?

Thanks for any help.

Brian

Brian, welcme to the forums. Do you like up high, or down low, on the fence or back half a dozen rows?

I'm sure somebody here will help, we're a friendly bunch (most of the time )

Remember, most of us are members and have sat in the same seats for many years, so have no real perspective on other areas or where the public can actually buy tickets to sit.

I'd suggest the new Trumper Stand. Top deck if you like it high and concourse if you like it low. Never sat there so not talking from experience, but it looks OK. The sun would be an issue for me as a permanent spot, but for a one off night game, it looks the goods.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I'd suggest selecting a game which we have a snowball's chance in hell of winning

Have fun
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by bstanmore View Post
    Hi,

I am going to take my son to the St Kilda game next week and never been to the SCG. I am looking at getting gold tickets.

Thanks for any help.

Brian
    The bar in the Noble stand is a great place to watch the game from.
    Especially one that we're going to lose.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Best spot for viewing i have found is in the Noble up the top close to the members stand. You get a great few of whats going on with the flight of the ball etc as opposed to sitting side on, but that is the members section so maybe at the other end in the top of the Brewongle would be similar
    The edge is not the limit, It's just the starting point...

Silver member, not Gold pinkemu's Avatar
    Brewongle Concourse. A mate and I sat in all areas many many years ago searching for the ideal location and decided on bay 29. Personal opinion does count but you can't beat being close to the action and not looking into the sun (although this is a night game) plus being near the players run. You can buy tickets most places as membership levels have dropped.

I reckon the Saints game is still a good one. Go with low expectations and hope for an upset, how good would that win be? remember we knocked them off their winning streak a few years back we can dot it again.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkemu View Post
    I reckon the Saints game is still a good one. Go with low expectations and hope for an upset, how good would that win be? remember we knocked them off their winning streak a few years back we can dot it again.
    Reckon Lyon will take them to the movies instead of training?
    10100111001 ;-)

Silver member, not Gold pinkemu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laughingnome View Post
    Reckon Lyon will take them to the movies instead of training?
    Let's hope it's a chick flick

Living in 2005
    Were probably all bias, but my favourite spot for day games is in the upper Brewongle, and night games in the O'Riley Stand.

I can't stand the sun on the Moore Park Road side of the ground on day games, so I get my membership in the Brewongle.

Mate save your $$$

Quote Originally Posted by bstanmore View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for any help.

Brian
    Brian save your cash & get more pies or chips (Kids highlights are often food)

Get a basic admission & wander around to the O'Reilly wing (Eastern side) on the lower concourse.

The best place to watch FOOTY is on the wing.
    (Noble stand & Trumper are at the ends, no good for seeing the whole game)

Great seats on the wing, seats always available unless we can get 40,000 there
    Last edited by 1%ers; 26th July 2009 at 04:02 AM. Reason: improve answer

Quote Originally Posted by pinkemu View Post
    Brewongle Concourse. A mate and I sat in all areas many many years ago searching for the ideal location and decided on bay 29. Personal opinion does count but you can't beat being close to the action and not looking into the sun (although this is a night game) plus being near the players run. You can buy tickets most places as membership levels have dropped.

Thanks everyone for the great advice. Followed PinkEmu and sat in Bay 29 row S Brewongle Concourse. Alsolutely fantastic. PinkEmu was nearly spot on with all your advice except for "1 POINT" . Worked out OK seeing that my son is a St Kida supporter and I follow the Swans.

Once again THANKS.