Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Umpiring to watch off the ball NOW BBB has gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
    :

Good luck against the Tigers by the way - not sure the Swans play the G that well so will be interesting game.

What a nasty little peanut you are !!

Why would you spend time on RWO ? Wouldn't you rather talk about "your" team among like peanuts ?

Our team doesn't need your brand of "good luck" thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Margo View Post

Why would you spend time on RWO ? Wouldn't you rather talk about "your" team among like peanuts ?

I have noted your join date Margo. Not too sure that you are in a position to really comment on who and when is on RWO....? Alternatively just ignore my posts! (I can live without your responses!!)

If you think that I am overly negative feel free to review/search my previous posts.
    Last edited by Kanga; 6th August 2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Spelling correction

Regular in the Side

For what it's worth I actually find it really interesting to see what fans of other clubs have to say. It's why I like to read the other bulletin boards. There's a lot of same same but different persepctives to be found.

Also confirms that it's only the most biased of other club supporters who think the Swans aren't the most harshly penalised team in the comp.

I have noted your join date Margo. Not too sure that you are in a position to really comment on who and when is on RWO....? Alternatively just ignore my posts! (I can live without your responses!!)

If you think that I am overly negative feel free to review/search my previous posts.
    I don't need to explain anything to you, but I can say that I have been reading these posts for 3 years. Not that that has anything to do with my opinion of what you are banging on about today, (and many, many times in the past),What I said to someone on a different matter 6 years ago, I am pretty sure, would not alter what you think of what I have said today. But then again, maybe it would.
    Also, I don't need your advice/permission on what I can comment on.
    You can roll your eyes again now when I say, Get over the extra $ paid to the Swans !! Harping on about the same thing makes you seem very old and admitting to confusion doesn't help.

I don't need to explain anything to you, but I can say that I have been reading these posts for 3 years. Congrats!
    Not that that has anything to do with my opinion of what you are banging on about today, (and many, many times in the past),What I said to someone on a different matter 6 years ago, I am pretty sure, would not alter what you think of what I have said today. Re-read the posts first before you comment....
    But then again, maybe it would.

Also, I don't need your advice/permission on what I can comment on. That was my entire point!
    You can roll your eyes again now when I say, Get over the extra $ paid to the Swans !! Is that the best you can do? Can't justify the extra $$?
    Harping on about the same thing makes you seem very old (its a forum - lots of people here harp on....)and admitting to confusion doesn't help. Confusion as to your comments not mine!!
    Didn't think you would bother reviewing my previous posts on other topics..

Dare I say it Good Luck on the weekend!

I actually don't mind Kanga - knows his footy, supports his team, but doesn't dislike the swans (overly much) and often has a useful point or two (for example rightly said that us beating them wasn't exactly all that impressive given their recent form)

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    For what it's worth I actually find it really interesting to see what fans of other clubs have to say. It's why I like to read the other bulletin boards. There's a lot of same same but different persepctives to be found.

Also confirms that it's only the most biased of other club supporters who think the Swans aren't the most harshly penalised team in the comp.
    Yeah, it's amazing that every club thinks it's harshly done by on umpiring and anything the AFL does. Club sites combined would have to produce the biggest community of whingers in Australia.

Last edited by Lohengrin; 6th August 2009 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    In other words you're a troll who has no clue.

Enlighten me if you are up to it DA!!
    You honestly don't know what it's for?

Kanga has been around here for ages.
    As a general rule he/she contributes interesting posts.
    Should know better than to open up a can of worms like this though.
    I don't think supporters from other clubs will ever be able to add constructively to some threads, such as this one - either at RWO or on any otehr forum.

I think the point being made was that the AFL are not out to 'get' the Swans, and in fact they have done a hell of a lot over the years supporting the Swans and providing assistance (financial and otehrwise).
    And I think they are pretty fair points.
    The implication that the AFL are suddenly looking at off the ball incidents now because Barry Hall is gone is a bit silly.

Sucks to be us, and it sucks to be Barry Hall, but what's in the past is in the past, and better late than never.

Some people will still think extra $ to the Swans is unfair, some will say that some of the Vic based clubs are favoured through TV rights etc (I think I'd say that )
    Then we have the 'draw' where some teams cop the better teams twice, and some get the weaker teams twice.
    and priority picks.
    Etc
    Etc
    Etc
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Kanga has been around here for ages.
    As a general rule he/she contributes interesting posts.
    Should know better than to open up a can of worms like this though.
    I don't think supporters from other clubs will ever be able to add constructively to some threads, such as this one - either at RWO or on any other forum.

I think the point being made was that the AFL are not out to 'get' the Swans, and in fact they have done a hell of a lot over the years supporting the Swans and providing assistance (financial and otherwise).
    And I think they are pretty fair points.
    The implication that the AFL are suddenly looking at off the ball incidents now because Barry Hall is gone is a bit silly.

Sucks to be us, and it sucks to be Barry Hall, but what's in the past is in the past, and better late than never.

Some people will still think extra $ to the Swans is unfair, some will say that some of the Vic based clubs are favoured through TV rights etc (I think I'd say that )
    Then we have the 'draw' where some teams cop the better teams twice, and some get the weaker teams twice.
    and priority picks.
    Etc
    Etc
    Etc
    I agree, you have made good points. My apologies to Kanga. I flared all to quickly (thinking about Umpires tends to rev me up). I don't need to read past posts AGAIN, to know that Kanga is usually reasonable, and I don't need to be patronised because of RWO join date, and I am tired of hearing about the extra $ for the Swans, but I do withdraw the peanut comment.

Regular in the Side
    Kanga = Paul Roos ???

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Kanga = Paul Roos ???
    Um. Not with that hairstyle - I would have a lot more greys!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast