Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Paul Roos to hand over coaching role to John Longmire

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    But Roos will still have another 3-4 games left to coach...

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    Richmond were mentioned before. If I were in charge of the Tigers I'd think seriously about interviewing Maxfield for the coaching position, it'd be an ideal fit -- Rawlings talked about the need for cultural change after we belted them on the weekend and who better to provide it? We know that his family is in Melbourne otherwise he would no doubt be considered for a full-time role at the Swans.
    NO, NO,NO,NO,NO!!!!!!!

I would be shattered if we lost Stewie.
    He is and always has been my favourite Swan.
    He is the reason I became a fan in the first place!

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I would be shattered if we lost Stewie.
    He is and always has been my favourite Swan.
    He is the reason I became a fan in the first place!
    Haha ok fair enough

I only suggested it because one of the reasons he quit the captaincy in the first place was to be closer to his family in Melb, and if memory serves me he's still working for us in a recruiting role down there, so unlikely to pursue a full-time gig in Sydney.

But another poster mentioned Richmond earlier and I reckon he'd be the type of bloke who could bring about the kind of change needed at Punt Rd, though not sure if he'd be a good senior coach.

Haha ok fair enough

I only suggested it because one of the reasons he quit the captaincy in the first place was to be closer to his family in Melb, and if memory serves me he's still working for us in a recruiting role down there, so unlikely to pursue a full-time gig in Sydney.

But another poster mentioned Richmond earlier and I reckon he'd be the type of bloke who could bring about the kind of change needed at Punt Rd, though not sure if he'd be a good senior coach.
    Your 100% correct in what you've said, he would be the ideal person to bring about the change the tiggers so desperately need. But I'm a very, very selfish woman and the thought of Stewie not being connected to the Swans is unimaginable!

Haha ok fair enough

I only suggested it because one of the reasons he quit the captaincy in the first place was to be closer to his family in Melb
    , and if memory serves me he's still working for us in a recruiting role down there, so unlikely to pursue a full-time gig in Sydney.
    He was injured. Badly damaged knee. After he relinquished he did not play another seniors game. He is based in Sydney. And works for Swans, full time as far as I can see. He is listed as Development (along with Frosty and Fruity).
    Last edited by Primmy; 13th August 2009 at 04:46 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Jewels, if you are coming to the Club Champion Dinner, you want to hook up with me and give Stuey a group hug? Stuey sandwich. sigh.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    But Roos will still have another 3-4 games left to coach...
    You're awesome Liz, and correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Jewels, if you are coming to the Club Champion Dinner, you want to hook up with me and give Stuey a group hug? Stuey sandwich. sigh.
    Count me in Primmy!!!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567