• Geelong - between 20 and 39 points

3 4.92%
  • Geelong - 40 points or more

2 3.28%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 20 - Geelong

Round 20 - Geelong

Mmmm. Do I smell an upset on the cards?

Geelong's position on the ladder belies their current form. Since their loss to St. Kilda in Round 14, they haven't looked the same team of the past few years. They've won three out of their last six games, but two of those wins were by the barest of margins. Their inevitable slide may have begun.

On the other hand, we seem to have settled down a bit since the chaos surrounding Barry Hall has faded. We played exceptionally well against St.Kilda, and finally chalked up a win in Melbourne yesterday. I think the team will run out on Saturday night with genuine belief they can win.

Fortune favours the brave. Swans by 16.

Swans for the 8, Geelong missing/resting players, swans on an absolute high, swans by 43 points.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Swans for the 8, Geelong missing/resting players, swans on an absolute high, swans by 43 points.
    i don't know about 43 points, but i think we'll take home the four.

Senior Player
    I think the team has put in a huge effort in the leadup to Magic's 300th game. It was a HUGE game for this club (particularly given the poor performance prior to the HoF game). I just have a feeling we are not going to be able to maintain that intensity this Sat. and with Geelong having a few players back in this week and probably looking to ditch some of the recent criticism of their form I think they'll be more up for it than we'll be.

............ could be wrong of course.

Senior Player
    a prediction from a Geelong fan from another forum
    I think we'll drop a few players for next week against Sydney up there though. Wocjinski and Milburn will be out injured, so Scarlett and Taylor will cover them. But I wouldnt be surprised to see Johnson, Ablett, Mooney, Selwood, and maybe even Bartel miss the game. Hope no one accuses us of 'not showing respect to the opposition' if that happens though.
    if this happens, we should be sitting pretty.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    If you aren't suffering from milestone fatigue, then come out and celebrate Goodes's 250th!

Anyone notice the increase in TV advertising for this game? I think the AFL is wary of another (relatively) low turnout at ANZ

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Do it for Goodesy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Do it for Goodesy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why? Oh hell, isn't it his 250th? Go Kirky Go.

And I said we would lose, but only 1-9 points. Which is a change from my normal doomngloom (or reality check, depending on how you look at it).
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    If you aren't suffering from milestone fatigue, then come out and celebrate Goodes's 250th!

Anyone notice the increase in TV advertising for this game? I think the AFL is wary of another (relatively) low turnout at ANZ
    Geelong's loss of form will help. Had the Cats been at their unbeatable best, a lot of fans and neutrals simply wouldn't bother turning up to see a clinical Geelong victory.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Good grief.

On current form, it could go either way ... depends which swannies team turns up to play.

If they have any respect for Goodesy, the team that turned up against the ainters AND the team that turned up for the tiggers will turn up at home.

On a limb ... Swans by 2.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Any chance we could have this game switched to the SCG???

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Swans a real chance v. The Handbags, another milestone game, momentum swing is all with Sydney.....

Won't post post my prediction just yet, but am in form (60 pts against tiggers).

HP
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast