Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob Skilton Medal Night - Spoilers

Regular in the Side
    Too much to hear abou. I'm going to this function next year.

Another bloody trip up the freeway. And I'm bringing my copy of In The Blood to get signed.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think the one on that list who surprises me the most is Jude - how low he is, that is.

I thought he'd had his best season in a while, yet he's finished lower than in most recent years.

And while Craig B did drop off a bit after his fine start, I thought he'd still scrape into the top 10. Indeed, I thought both he and LRT had better seasons than Mattner.

Congrats to ROK. Vindication for a fine season.
    Completely agree with all those observations. I guess Marty had 2 very memorable games. That tackle and That sealing goal.

Kieran Jack certainly polled well. I was most surprised by that placing. That should set him up for a very confident 2010.
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

Good read Primmy, thx.

Mid 90's I used to go to all the functions and the B&F was CLEARLY the best night by far. Season has ended and the players can afford to let their hair down and they all really seem to enjoy the night. I haven't been to the B&F for over 10 years now, but after reading the reviews I may have to save up for next year.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by j s View Post
    Presumably the media gets told before the evening starts so they can write their articles, prepare reports etc but are not supposed to make it public till later. GL was obviously a bit naughty
    Yep they were told prior to 6.30pm because that's when the embargo started for print media, as opposed to radio.

Thanks to everyone for recaps, sounds like it was a great evening.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Many thanks for painting the terrific word pictures of the B&F night. Sounds like such a class act. Will definitely Rok up next year. Great to get to know the boys better.

HP
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Veterans List
    Two wonderful feel-good stories in ROK and Rhyce - well done to both of them for fabulous years.

I know I should take my medicine for bagging Shaw - a few on here who should be feeling a tad sheepish after what was said about ROK.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Two wonderful feel-good stories in ROK and Rhyce - well done to both of them for fabulous years.

I know I should take my medicine for bagging Shaw - a few on here who should be feeling a tad sheepish after what was said about ROK.
    Baaaa
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the Rookie List
    Thanks Primmy, but I want more..... come on every nitty gritty every conversation, every who sat where. lol. thanks for the lovely post. Hate missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRosie View Post
    Thanks Primmy, but I want more..... come on every nitty gritty every conversation, every who sat where. lol. thanks for the lovely post. Hate missing out.
    OK, as you asked so nicely, but please remember that red wine is involved.

. Rhyce Shaw was a surprise. He is a nice young man, one of the very very few who had his collar done up, tie to the max and coat on and buttoned. Pleasant humerous company. I judge he is glad to be here. His comment on finding his locker was next to BBBs was priceless. "@@@@ myself"
    . Nic Malceski has always been a favourite of mine. He is a cuddler and has a refined sense of humour. He still takes pleasure in his fabulously inarticulate and funny speach of 2007. Rhyce said "at least I will remember mine". Obviously it has gone down in legend in the inner circles. Those two look to be cronies for life.
    . I like Jake Orreal. He is a gentleman and an easy chatter. His girlfriend is lovely and wore a beautiful one shouldered black dress which was classic. I understand he has another year.
    . Jesse has matured into a young man the club can be proud of. I got a great big hug from him, it goes back a long way. He is on or just over the verge of becoming a fine man.
    . Matt O'Dwyer is the sort of fella who would be in charge of organising the chook raffel. He gets things sorted out (it was his idea to organise me and five of them to be photographed together with great good humour and efficiency) - Thank you MOD, its the best of the best for the night.
    . Peb is a very reserved young man, but he was positively glowing with pride.
    . Luke is a handsome man up close. I like him.
    . Jared Crouch I didn't see after the main event.
    . For a big man, Barry Hall can disappear quietly into the night. Good on him. I cannot say enough about the quiet dignity of the man. He is a credit to us.
    . I love Stuey - for those who haven't worked that out yet. From afar these days.
    . Leo had us laughing with the tale of his two young boys who have taken to backyard football with a vengence - all the time. He won't be moving far from the club I believe.
    . The mail is that that Nathan Gordon has been signed on as a rookie, which suits me just fine.
    . Everywhere I looked young blokes were laughing their heads off. A few were boisterous, but all sounded so happy.
    . LRT's hair shines in the dark.
    . Danerbry seemed to pop up all over the place. He worked the room like he is on the SCG.
    . Jude is as gracious as always. For someone as handsome as he is he has very few tickets on himself and always, even if for a fleeting moment, directs his complete attention to you when you say hello.
    . Tim Schmidt is a lovely man and I hope like blazes he gets a gig next year with us.
    . Looking around and down at one stage I just sighed to myself. You have never seen so many beautiful butts in one place. There I go, I have just disgraced myself.
    . Adam is a joy.
    . Craig Bolton has the most beautiful skin.

One important thing I haven't made mention of is that they all respect and admire John Longmire. I think they are very very pleased to have him as head honcho in waiting.

There you go, that's enough trite observations for you all.

This is the one event of the year I attend for the usual reasons (financial) but I have loved nearly all Twelve of them. Its my exclamation point to the end of season. And I love it.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Heard DOK and Cheese weren't there on the night...could we read more into that?
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post

Let's go back to just after last year's Best and Fairest. It's very early October 2008. It has just been announced on the Fox/cable program "On the Couch" via Gerald Healy that Ryan O'Keefe is leaving the Swans. At the same time Rhyce Shaw still is on the Pies' player List, with no indication that he is going anywhere.

Move ahead about 50 weeks. What odds would you give that in 2009, the Sydney Swan's Best and Fairest would be Ryan O'Keefe, and second place would be Rhyce Shaw?

Regular in the Side
    Primmy's posts make my heart swell with pride and happiness at being a swans member!!!

will have to be there next year - can't wait!!!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast