Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: (Jolly to Pies, Pick 14 & 46) If Jolly leaves, I'm gonna cry....

I think over the years, we have got our money's worth from Jolly (and then some).

The fact that he nominated Collingwood, is not really an indictment on him, but more the club for allowing him to and then fulfilling that request.
    It probably hurt us a little bit - IF there were other clubs who had shown much interest.
    For all we know, the Wobbles were the only club serious about him anyway....
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Don't be so logical!
    I'm angry and want to stay that way and I don't need nor want your reasonable, logical and well termed post to calm me down
    My apologies
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I think over the years, we have got our money's worth from Jolly (and then some).

The fact that he nominated Collingwood, is not really an indictment on him, but more the club for allowing him to and then fulfilling that request.
    It probably hurt us a little bit - IF there were other clubs who had shown much interest.
    For all we know, the Wobbles were the only club serious about him anyway....
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    trade him now while at his peak value
    I don't think we got peak value for him.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I'm fairly happy with what we have so far,and there's more to come. Let's see how we end up before we slit our wrists.
    I'm half way through Sport Is Life, Life Is Sport which sets out very clearly the priority family has for Paul and Tami Roos. I'm pleased that we have a man with these principles as coach who is able to stick to them under pressure and try to balance the club's interests with the individual player's. I'm not prepared to criticise him on that score.
    I have no problem with Jolly nominating the Pies; it's a well-run and very well-coached side. If you think their fans are feral, take a look at some of our own.
    And while I understand that people can get passionate about the club and its players (I'm a bit of a pork chop myself at times), I don't think there's any justification for vitriolic comments about players' families.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    And while I understand that people can get passionate about the club and its players (I'm a bit of a pork chop myself at times), I don't think there's any justification for vitriolic comments about players' families.
    Here here.

Especially when we don't know the full story, which is about 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    ???

I don't get it?
    Are you trying to selectively edit my post to have it say something other than what it meant?

Are you questioning the use of the words "The Fact"?
    That was simply a figure of speech. I assume it happened since it was reported that way and then that was the result.

???
    I don't get it?
    Are you trying to selectively edit my post to have it say something other than what it meant?
    Well, yes.

I think some people are upset not only that we're losing Jolly, but that we're losing him to Collingwood. I saw an opportunity to express that simply by highlighting sections of your post.

In other words I'm being a smart-arse with your text. But I'm absolutely not having a go at you or your post. In fact, I agree with it.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 10Totti10 View Post
    Exactly. We resurrected Jolly's career. At least with ROk he said that he did not want to move if the Swans dont get a good deal. ROK was never gonna enter the pre-season draft. If Jolly was given the chance he would have screwed the Swans over.

I certainly will be booing him.
    I'm not too sure about resurrecting his career..we did give up a first round pick for him...hardly the price for someone whose career was on the skids!

And I don't believe he had the option to enter the PSD this year..he was contracted.

I don't really subscribe to the 'cost us 06' either...does no one remember the mangled hand he took into that game?

We have lost a very good player and club member, and got a fair price.

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Well, yes.

I think some people are upset not only that we're losing Jolly, but that we're losing him to Collingwood. I saw an opportunity to express that simply by highlighting sections of your post.

In other words I'm being a smart-arse with your text. But I'm absolutely not having a go at you or your post. In fact, I agree with it.
    I thought you were in line with what I said based on your other posts - hence my confusion.

The worst thing for me about trade week is that we lost a player to the Wobbles.
    Jolly in black and white might mean I have to hate them a little bit less.

Good luck with that

It'll be very interesting to see how Jolly goes under a new game plan. He is a great ruckman, but our stoppage-based game makes his HO stats looks unbelievable compared with other ruckmen.

I can't imagine we'll be seeing him next year the way Pie supporters saw Rhyce Shaw this year.
    Last edited by Red; 8th October 2009 at 11:37 AM.

Time to start hating them more.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.