Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: (Jolly to Pies, Pick 14 & 46) If Jolly leaves, I'm gonna cry....

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    Roos ruled it out again hasn't he
    I can actually hear the desperation and pleasing in your post
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Supposedly yes, but would fill the void left by Hall nicely while White continues to develop
    Or would completely stifle the development of White.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I can actually hear the desperation and pleasing in your post
    No, just confused why people would keep saying it after Roos has ruled it out, like 10 times
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Can't see how Liz, would allow White to continue to develop without being the focus of the attack IMHO.
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Senior Player
    I don't think Fev has been 'ruled out'. Roos has been very non-committal in talking about Fev, simply saying he doesn't think we could get an appropriate trade done. He's also said he'll sit down with all the clubs and see where we're at. Jolly going back to Melbourne has again opened the door to Fev. I wouldn't be surprised to see Fev in the Red & White next year for a deal involving Jolly, though not necessarily to Carlton.

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    No, just confused why people would keep saying it after Roos has ruled it out, like 10 times
    He's left some wriggle room in his most recent comments. And if we aren't interested Roos should have said so instead of using the "unable to do a deal" excuse, because with Jolly now likely to attract a first round pick, that excuse doesn't hold up.

I get the impression we're interested, but I also think the media is trying to talk up a deal.

We should keep our two first round picks and build for the long term future.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Regular in the Side
    Pick 14 and Sidebottom and Jolly would be gone but no way Pies would get rid of Sidebottom.

I'm still sceptical that Carlton will get rid of the Fev. But if we could come up with a decent 1st rounder/Jolly and 2nd rounder/player combo combined with the appeal of giving Carlton's salary cap relief we would really be in the hunt.

On the Rookie List
    Yes, this IS a possibility .Then again I have seen Fev roam up to the centre square for kicks then pass off into the forward 50. Fev could be the lead out forward to the 50 metre arc and have a ping from anywhere within 50 metres.White could be the 30 metre range forward who stays at home to mark Fev's bombs or makes short leads to the 30 metre mark after Fev has led out and been ignored or to receive from Fev.Twin Towers could work like Roughhead and Buddy. The bottom line to me is despite Fev's clownish behaviour he is , besides a great entertainer and media magnet, a Dam good player with great marking and kicking ability. If we can get him without giving up too much hell why not? Something can be worked out with White. Watching our forward line would not be boring !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Pick 14 and Sidebottom and Jolly would be gone but no way Pies would get rid of Sidebottom.
    Yeah, no chance.

Not even sure they're allowed to. Seem to remember that kids taken in the draft need to be on the list for a minimum of 2 years.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veteran Site Admin
    What's the point in having a gun forward line if we haven't got a midfield capable of taking advantage?

I'm not a doom and gloom merchant who thinks we need to spend 5 years out of the 8 rebuilding. But realistically we have 3 or 4 very young players who are critical to us becoming a good team in the relatively near future who need a season or two to mature.

Is he worth the dollar cost?

Is he worth the trade cost?

Is he worth the risk that he might not assimilate into the club well, particularly given we've lost so much senior experience - the count is now up to 8 assuming Jolly goes?

What's the point in having a gun forward line if we haven't got a midfield capable of taking advantage?

I'm not a doom and gloom merchant who thinks we need to spend 5 years out of the 8 rebuilding. But realistically we have 3 or 4 very young players who are critical to us becoming a good team in the relatively near future who need a season or two to mature.

Is he worth the dollar cost?

Is he worth the trade cost?

Is he worth the risk that he might not assimilate into the club well, particularly given we've lost so much senior experience - the count is now up to 8 assuming Jolly goes?
    No, to all three.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Yeah, no chance.

Not even sure they're allowed to. Seem to remember that kids taken in the draft need to be on the list for a minimum of 2 years.
    Don't think that idea has any substance. Some players have even been delisted after a year (presumably with a contract paid out). Don't think trading them is a problem, though with any trade they clearly have to agree with it.

That said, we're no chance of getting Sidebottom.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast