Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: (Jolly to Pies, Pick 14 & 46) If Jolly leaves, I'm gonna cry....

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Is Mumford getting Jolly's guernesy?
    Obviously this is dubious "evidence", but anyway
    Sydney Swans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    ... will make it easier to spot the ruckman without having to refer to the record for a few weeks!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    I guess it's the nature of the job. When you see the players running out onto the ground, you want them absolutely committed to their club, and see the other team as nothing but the enemy, so that they exert every last ounce of physical and mental effort to drive them into the ground. When a player leaves, it makes you question if they ever were truly committed. Is that unreasonable? Very. But as fans, that's what we want, it's how we see things.
    And therefore if they are not fully committed is it not unfair for that same player to put their hand up and move on. I dont think its necesarrily the nature of the job but moreso the nature of the fans that follow that job.

I as a fan cant stand to see us lose a good player to a smug yet underachieving club like Collingwood but I dont think the players should be expected to have that same feeling.

Once you take amateurism out of sport and you create a system where a player has for the most part no choice as to who they play for because of the draft, you cannot expect blind loyalty or passion for that club.

On a further note , just because I leave my company doesnt mean I wasnt committed to my work when i was there. Why would it not be the same for a player. Surely a loss of committment is more likely to come about when I am forced to stay somewhere I dont want to be.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    ... will make it easier to spot the ruckman without having to refer to the record for a few weeks!!
    Isn't it normally pretty easy to spot the ruckmen? They are usually the tall ones...

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Isn't it normally pretty easy to spot the ruckmen? They are usually the tall ones...
    And they usually hang out in the middle of the ground and ruck contests...
    10100111001 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415