Thread: Ex ECE Trent Goodrem wins Jack Oatey medal in SANFL

On the Rookie List

Ex ECE Trent Goodrem wins Jack Oatey medal in SANFL

Central win by 38 points to claim their 8th premiership in a decade

Goal Scorers:

Central: Sansbury 4, Shell 2, J Gowans, Dutschke, Havelberg, O'Sullivan, Callinan, Slade, C Gowans
    Sturt: Coad 2, Chambers 2 Evans, Crane, Payne

Click here for player stats

Jack Oatey Medallist: Trent Goodrem

SANFL
    nigh on

Almost Football Legend
    How the hell did they get a crowd of 35,647? That is sensational for a state league grand final.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

norris, thats the usual crowd over there for a GF.Sometimes depending on the club its bigger, the SANFL are pretty smart in having the gf after the AFL's.

Senior Player
    Was a bit lucky to get the medal IMO, probably one or two that were ahead of him but played a very good game regardless.

30k + is pretty typical shearer + or - depending a bit on the traditional support of the clubs involved (this year Central non-traditional club but fantastic local support not so tied to the Power or Crows, Sturts quite traditional club with long term support of the back of a golden era in the 60's/early 70's).

Did the job of tagging out Draft hopeful Jack Trengove, and picked up plenty of touches on his own. Good game to listen to on the radio.

number32

U Dogs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Did the job of tagging out Draft hopeful Jack Trengove, and picked up plenty of touches on his own. Good game to listen to on the radio.
    you could have watched the game at the exhibition hotel in surrey hills - there was a great turn out. They televised most of the finals via satelite through the ABC2 Adelaide coverage.

I must say it was a great day for us central supporters who now call sydney home... Go U Dogs!!!

PS I must say I felt very sorry for Trent when he won the Jack Oaty medal - I think the ABC mistook Delta (who was in in the stands) for Trent!!!

The camera's kept panning across to her more than him - Anyone would have thought she had won the medal there for a minute!!