View Poll Results: Kennelly's next couple of years with us...

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • We'll get two years full service from him, no worries

49 79.03%
  • He'll get through 2010 OK, but breakdown during 2011

4 6.45%
  • He'll get injured and see out 2010, then pull the plug again

2 3.23%
  • He'll breakdown before half-way through next year

5 8.06%
  • He'll last a few games, and that will be it

2 3.23%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kennelly's Injury Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    I agree with Triple B, this poll is the worst one I have seen on here in the 4+ years I have been a member.
    We need a poll on which week we think Hall will get suspended next year.

I was very negative about TAIKEN leaving but I'm very positive about his return, What, he has about 10 months of real Guiness under his belt. Better than Tasmanian water.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

At the end of the 2008 season Tadhg had keyhole surgery on his shoulder to stop it continually dislocating. His shoulder did not cause him any problems playing in Ireland so the operation may have been successful.

I also remember that he, Craig Bolton and Adam Goodes went to Germany for groin surgery at the end of 2008.

Hopefully the operations and a years recovery will mean his 2007 , 2008 injury problems are behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post

I really don't think his fitness will hold up.
    Based on what? He never seemed to have problems playing with injuries.

I just think of the enforced layoff S.Warne had at a similar stage of his career. Have no doubt it significantly lengthened it. At the time he was having his own reoccuring injuries.

I don't think we'll see any problems. Should get more than 2 years from him. I'm just hoping there isn't another go back to Ireland saga after 2 years.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    There have been some useless/inappropriate polls in the past and no doubt there will be useless polls posted in the future, but this one will take some beating.

Seriously CS, setting up polls to guess when a player will get injured is pretty ordinary form.

I can't imagine how you can enjoy watching your team next year sitting there hoping for either Tadhg or Bradshaw to go down, rushing home to post 'I told you so'.

EDIT: I hope people give this poll the credit it deserves (ie: none whatsoever) and don't vote.

Utter crap, thats what this poll is.

Watched the other thread spin roud and round and now its official its great news that Tadgh is back at the club. Another quality pickup that we have been able to get after losing 13 odd off the list.
    If we get Bradshaw it lights puts the candles on the cake, and then with our early picks we can light the candles and then let 2010 roll on.

Tadgh is only good news as far as Im concerned, sure he was confused thats only natural. Then his manager puts a price on his head and it becomes even more confusing. Tadgh was only ever coming back to us and it will be great watching him and Mattner,Shaw and I dream a healthy Malcelski running around down back.

Stick it up em Tiger !!!
    Est 1874
    SMFC

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by timthefish View Post
    or perhaps

Psychophant (n.) a mentally ailing pachyderm,
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

We are a rebuilding side, so if someone of Kennelly's age is to be picked week in week out he needs to be playing good footy at the very least. I just hope he is made to earn his spot and not get a free ride ala Ben Mathews in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    We are a rebuilding side, so if someone of Kennelly's age is to be picked week in week out he needs to be playing good footy at the very least. I just hope he is made to earn his spot and not get a free ride ala Ben Mathews in 2007.
    Well, this is an interesting admission from Roos in today's SMH:

'It's exciting. The first thing we need to do is get him back and have a look at his body,'' Roos said of Kennelly after pre-season training yesterday.
    You would think for sure they'd have checked him out before re-signing him. Who knows what little niggles he's endured in the last 12 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post

You would think for sure they'd have checked him out before re-signing him. Who knows what little niggles he's endured in the last 12 months?
    Lots of Ladies on RWO who would have a look at his body
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post

I think he means the club needs to work out how many miles Tadgh's going to do on the Cronulla dunes in the next three months. Welcome back to AFL Tadgh.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234