Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Premier Division Relationships With Other Clubs

Any comments on the alliance Peakay? or are you trotting out the no comment line?
    The only All Australian captain charged with glassing

Quote Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
    Any comments on the alliance Peakay? or are you trotting out the no comment line?
    Busy weekend mate, only posted on the other thread through my phone, hardly enough room to write a novel.

You make some valid points, as a few others do. However, on their excess players that now make up their 3rd grade, sure, we could've used them this year (09) and next, but I wasn't willing to have 6 different players week in week out, throwing out the balance of our senior unit, and Bully wouldn't either. In 08, we could afford to use them, because our senior team wasn't as strong as 09. Only if they were available in 3 or 4 week blocks would I find it sustainable. So that covers that part. ECE can't be blamed or chastised for conolidating their numbers with a third side. They are only doing what the uni's do.

Also, if we have a good enough player, he has the option to go to ECE to play and try his luck, however, our better players are normally defence, so can't commit to play at that level (And we had a few that could've played Premier Div, Clayden at the top of that list) To clear it up though, no player since 2001 (When the Alliance was in its infancy) has gone from NWJ to ECE)

As for 18s, I was asked to set up and coach our team this year (provided I could get someone to take seniors) but at the end of the day, I didn't put enough time and energy into it over the last 6 months, with coaching, new job and destroying my leg, other more pressing priorities. I am totally focussed on having our 18s up and running in 2011, it will be better off with a year of hard work and effort, than trying from almost scratch. I will be involved with the local junior clubs, and hopefully ECE 18s as well, to put the required work in place. For now, I will co-coach our magoos and assist seniors.

And you're not sounding like a smart ass, it was a legitimate question.

Very well answered. You might still be a coach yet!!
    The only All Australian captain charged with glassing

Excuse me for asking, Pekay, but were Nor-West given the opportunity to 'list" 30 players in the 18's?

If so, who wouldn't you have utilised it? I realise that team noms closed on Monday needed to be submitted and the "Listing" has to be in by end of month so the overlap there might have been a disadvantage.

Would have been good to see a 10 team comp in CC.

Interesting that Riverview have two teams in Challenge. Does that set a precedent? Hopefully they will not be allowed to swap players between teams once the season has commenced.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Excuse me for asking, Pekay, but were Nor-West given the opportunity to 'list" 30 players in the 18's?

If so, who wouldn't you have utilised it? I realise that team noms closed on Monday needed to be submitted and the "Listing" has to be in by end of month so the overlap there might have been a disadvantage.

Would have been good to see a 10 team comp in CC.

Interesting that Riverview have two teams in Challenge. Does that set a precedent? Hopefully they will not be allowed to swap players between teams once the season has commenced.
    No point name a kid you have never met or spoken with in the hope he may consider playing footy for your club - as Pekay has said they need to spent the next twelve months actively working with the junior clubs in their area so as to begin to build a relationship that will bear fruit in the future.

Precisely as Tara had said. Every kid on my list of H'Bury/QH kids that I called, or spoke with their parents, either said 'too early for footy talk', or 'is that wanker Johno involved' (Keeping in mind, Johno is a mate of mine, I just disagree with what he did) or the main one was 'we're playing at ECE' so there was nothing I could do. The commited kids I had, very few, I wasn't going to put them through struggling to field a team every week. Disappointing to say the least, but that's footy. A year or so of hard yakka will see us in a better situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Precisely as Tara had said. Every kid on my list of H'Bury/QH kids that I called, or spoke with their parents, either said 'too early for footy talk', or 'is that wanker Johno involved' (Keeping in mind, Johno is a mate of mine, I just disagree with what he did) or the main one was 'we're playing at ECE' so there was nothing I could do. The commited kids I had, very few, I wasn't going to put them through struggling to field a team every week. Disappointing to say the least, but that's footy. A year or so of hard yakka will see us in a better situation.
    Pekay, that's the big thing that has always baffled me in how Parra have managed to get a side up. Who would want to go and play with a coach like that. Yes, he's pasionate and puts in a lot more work than most do in Sydney but what are kids going to learn from him other than how to abuse umpires and carry on like a goose on the sideline. It's definately not what is needed at Under 18 level.

Nugget are talking about PK?

Quote Originally Posted by nugget View Post
    Pekay, that's the big thing that has always baffled me in how Parra have managed to get a side up. Who would want to go and play with a coach like that. Yes, he's pasionate and puts in a lot more work than most do in Sydney but what are kids going to learn from him other than how to abuse umpires and carry on like a goose on the sideline. It's definately not what is needed at Under 18 level.
    Last edited by Doormat; 9th December 2009 at 06:01 AM.

You make me sick! don't give him any ideas duck

Quote Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
    Very well answered. You might still be a coach yet!!

Pk if the Duck isn't a smart ass by asking questions let me be please.

Couple of questions

1- You are the football manager of the club, is that right?
    2- You are the 18's coach, right?
    3- You will co-coach the magoos, correct?
    4- You will be Bullies assistant right?
    5- You will work closely with junior clubs in your area, right?
    6- You will assist ECE 18's, right?
    7- You are on the committee, right?
    8- You got the new coach, right?
    9- You got the team put up a division even though you came 3rd right?
    10- You created the Alliance,right?

What next great man?
    YOU ARE A GENIUS PAL

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Busy weekend mate, only posted on the other thread through my phone, hardly enough room to write a novel.

You make some valid points, as a few others do. However, on their excess players that now make up their 3rd grade, sure, we could've used them this year (09) and next, but I wasn't willing to have 6 different players week in week out, throwing out the balance of our senior unit, and Bully wouldn't either. In 08, we could afford to use them, because our senior team wasn't as strong as 09. Only if they were available in 3 or 4 week blocks would I find it sustainable. So that covers that part. ECE can't be blamed or chastised for conolidating their numbers with a third side. They are only doing what the uni's do.

Also, if we have a good enough player, he has the option to go to ECE to play and try his luck, however, our better players are normally defence, so can't commit to play at that level (And we had a few that could've played Premier Div, Clayden at the top of that list) To clear it up though, no player since 2001 (When the Alliance was in its infancy) has gone from NWJ to ECE)

As for 18s, I was asked to set up and coach our team this year (provided I could get someone to take seniors) but at the end of the day, I didn't put enough time and energy into it over the last 6 months, with coaching, new job and destroying my leg, other more pressing priorities. I am totally focussed on having our 18s up and running in 2011, it will be better off with a year of hard work and effort, than trying from almost scratch. I will be involved with the local junior clubs, and hopefully ECE 18s as well, to put the required work in place. For now, I will co-coach our magoos and assist seniors.

And you're not sounding like a smart ass, it was a legitimate question.
    Last edited by Doormat; 9th December 2009 at 06:22 AM.

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doormat View Post
    Pk if the Duck isn't a smart ass by asking questions let me be please.

Couple of questions

1- You are the football manager of the club, is that right? Yes
    2- You are the 18's coach, right? Yes, in 2011
    3- You will co-coach the magoos, correct? Yes, in 2010
    4- You will be Bullies assistant right? No, Darryl Hillier
    5- You will work closely with junior clubs in your area, right? Yes, that's what an 18s coach does, right?
    6- You will assist ECE 18's, right? He may correct me, but No - only in the background to ensure our kids are happy and to put plans in place for our team
    7- You are on the committee, right? Yes
    8- You got the new coach, right? In part. He targeted the coach, the club (president and other officials) went through the process
    9- You got the team put up a division even though you came 3rd right? No - that was a club decision and was always a club plan
    10- You created the Alliance,right? No - the president was the chief negotiator in those discussions

What next great man? Continuing to help develop the club on and off the field into a strong, family club that people want to be involved in, with success in Division 1 long term - the same as any club in an Alliance with a Premier club
    YOU ARE A GENIUS PALYes
    EVERY club in the AFL Sydney, and indeed elsewhere across Australia, would love to have people as passionate and switched on as Pekay. A lot of clubs do have them, and are very luck for that, as we are.
    We wouldn't be anywhere near where we are without Pekay. In fact, after what happened in 2005, there's every possibility we wouldn't even exist.

So, what's your point?
    Last edited by BeeEmmAre; 9th December 2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: So Sam can see the questions have already been answered
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Senior Player
    He doesnt have a point.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast