Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Premier Division Relationships With Other Clubs

Premier Division Relationships With Other Clubs

Could they work/ Are they working? Let's have a look.

East Coast / NW Jets - seems to be developing well with the Jets using Bruce Purser.

UNSW/ES - are an entity to their own with teams in lower divisions.

Pennant Hills / Macquarie Uni - doomed before it begins as Pennant Hills are strong with extra teams in divisions competiting against Macquarie Uni.

Wests / Holroyd Parra - with teams in different divisions this could work and should be explored. It would make the player strength of both teams in their lower grades much stronger.

Sydney Uni - see UNSW/ES

Campbelltown / SW Sydney or Camden - I'd like to see Campbelltown work with Camden and invite them along to training or send some senior Towners to Camden training. Long term would be to get an U18 Camden team going.

North Shore / Manly - there seems to be a bit of player movement between these two and there is a good relationship in place.

St George / Southern Power - Tough as they are both competing for the same juniors pool (Sydney South Greater Sydney Juniors) and there is some rivalry in the Seniors now in Div 2. There have been some co-functions and co-training sessions in the past but they didn't work out.

Wollongong - out on a limb. No doubt woeking with the South Coast League and Illawarra Juniors.

Balmain / UTS - has potential but UTS want to do it all alone. A shame really as they could probably forge a strong Under 18s drawing from the Inner City/Upper Eastern Suburbs.

Team GWS and Penrith

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Team GWS and Penrith
    It'd be great to have a Premier Division club down the road to form some sort of mutually beneficial arrangement with.

One of the reasons why Penrith has always struggled by and large.

Quote Originally Posted by Offal View Post

East Coast / NW Jets - seems to be developing well with the Jets using Bruce Purser.

Pennant Hills / Macquarie Uni - doomed before it begins as Pennant Hills are strong with extra teams in divisions competiting against Macquarie Uni.

Wests / Holroyd Parra - with teams in different divisions this could work and should be explored. It would make the player strength of both teams in their lower grades much stronger.

Sydney Uni - see UNSW/ES

Campbelltown / SW Sydney or Camden - I'd like to see Campbelltown work with Camden and invite them along to training or send some senior Towners to Camden training. Long term would be to get an U18 Camden team going.

North Shore / Manly - there seems to be a bit of player movement between these two and there is a good relationship in place.

St George / Southern Power - Tough as they are both competing for the same juniors pool (Sydney South Greater Sydney Juniors) and there is some rivalry in the Seniors now in Div 2. There have been some co-functions and co-training sessions in the past but they didn't work out.

Wollongong - out on a limb. No doubt woeking with the South Coast League and Illawarra Juniors.

Balmain / UTS - has potential but UTS want to do it all alone. A shame really as they could probably forge a strong Under 18s drawing from the Inner City/Upper Eastern Suburbs.
    I think that the only real scenario for this system to work is really at the U18 level as this is where the SFL clubs will have an overflow of players and need somewhere for them to play. Don't think it is really workable at the senior level.

Do the Mac Uni/Penno and ECE/NW alliances see Penno and ECE only have one U18 team in their own name? If so then this sees two fewer U18 teams next year?

Whilst good in theory, historically these type of arrangements don't seem to work too well due to lack of trust and self-interest. Typically the SFL clubs are more interested in poaching the SFA clubs' better players than genuinely helping out and the players the SFA clubs get thrown are usually not much chop. I'd be very wary of getting too far down this track if I was an SFA club with any genuine ambition but if limited at U18 level it is probably worth a try.....

offal show here mate hows the smile going.Heres a thought why dont the sydneyafl start a new team out of henson park or hj mahonany which would take all the overflow players from the unsw/sydney uni/uts.I cant understand spending thousands on grounds that dont directly support clubs.Would moving uts to henson work better ground pretty close to there campus.Or what about a newtown side based out of alan davidson or hj mahonany.

Senior Player
    [QUOTE=Offal;468391]Campbelltown / SW Sydney or Camden - I'd like to see Campbelltown work with Camden and invite them along to training or send some senior Towners to Camden training. Long term would be to get an U18 Camden team going.

QUOTE]

Offal point one - neither Town nor Camden are interested from what I hear and we havnt heard from Town since the Valentine days.

Point two - from what I have heard at your end - not a chance in hell, but then again who knows what may happen after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Offal View Post

Sydney Uni - see UNSW/ES

I don't think it will be doomed for mac Uni/Penno, they seem to be working hard to make it beneficial for both parties. Ideally, I think that's how our alliance with ECE should work, we have the younger developing kids in a Challenge team, and ECE have the older and elite kids in Premier. ECE have done alot of hard work over the years to form their 2nd team, but it makes it very hard from my end to form a team of our own, when, for lack of a better word (not intended to offend Junior) they have an almost monopoly on the 18s kids.
    Please keep in mind, for lack of a better word.

I should comment on this further to clear up any confusion.
    The kids of the North West area have seen ECE as the only option for 18s football for many years, and rightly so, because we haven't had an 18s team since about 2003/04, so naturally they tend to gravitate there. I did the same to Baulko when I was 14. It will take a year or two, with some hard work on our behalf, and through the alliance working together for the benefit of the kids and both clubs involved, to get our brand out there and in the kids minds so they know they have the option of elite footy at ECE or social footy at NWJ.

I think the Mac Uni/Penno model on paper is ideal, and should be adopted for all clubs. Wests and Parra should look at some kind of partnership as well, very handy catchment.
    Last edited by Pekay; 2nd December 2009 at 10:52 AM.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    I don't think it will be doomed for mac Uni/Penno, they seem to be working hard to make it beneficial for both parties. Ideally, I think that's how our alliance with ECE should work, we have the younger developing kids in a Challenge team, and ECE have the older and elite kids in Premier. ECE have done alot of hard work over the years to form their 2nd team, but it makes it very hard from my end to form a team of our own, when, for lack of a better word (not intended to offend Junior) they have an almost monopoly on the 18s kids.
    Please keep in mind, for lack of a better word.
    Certainly no offence taken mate.

I should comment on this further to clear up any confusion.
    The kids of the North West area have seen ECE as the only option for 18s football for many years, and rightly so, because we haven't had an 18s team since about 2003/04, so naturally they tend to gravitate there. I did the same to Baulko when I was 14. It will take a year or two, with some hard work on our behalf, and through the alliance working together for the benefit of the kids and both clubs involved, to get our brand out there and in the kids minds so they know they have the option of elite footy at ECE or social footy at NWJ.

I think the Mac Uni/Penno model on paper is ideal, and should be adopted for all clubs. Wests and Parra should look at some kind of partnership as well, very handy catchment.
    Pekay, I take it from what you are saying is that East Poach won't be fielding a challenge cup side?

They will be fielding two teams, Premier & Challenge. We have to put a list in by next monday and it won't happen. My ideal situation template would be for ECE & NWJ to have dual control of Challenge, under the NWJ colours and name, like the Penno/Mac Uni alliance as mentioned on their sites.

They will be fielding two teams, Premier & Challenge. We have to put a list in by next monday and it won't happen. My ideal situation template would be for ECE & NWJ to have dual control of Challenge, under the NWJ colours and name, like the Penno/Mac Uni alliance as mentioned on their sites.
    it sounds good but would ece go for it? i think with Penno/Mac Uni, pennos challenge team only had 16 or so and Mac uni the same.Not the players for 3 teams, would will the clubs did if they have 10 to 12 under 18 missing out?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast