Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kirky's Guernsey Presentation Speech as reported by Rebecca Wilson

or maybe this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

...or even this
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

...and this one seems apt

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am using those in my next presentation! They are quite inspirational.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    As an 18yr old draftee, you could potentially be scared away by that.
    Well we are a few years down the track. Who were the lucky young draftees to join the club that year?
    If my boss gave that speech I would probably walk out and get the giggles - totally inappropriate language in that context.
    In the context of being a bright young footy player listening to the most respected captain in the game, a premiership winner and a man totally in the moment, as I am about to commence the career I have dreamed of and worked very hard to get to that moment and be at that presentation I would find it highly motivating I imagine.
    Last edited by Lucky Knickers; 2nd December 2009 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Well we are a few years down the track. Who were the lucky young draftees to join the club?
    2007. Umm. That makes it the 2006 intake. umm.
    Crusher? Thornton? Braba?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Blog Entries
    Kirk failed to mention that Swans that do not mate for life are often cast out by the flock.

Senior Player
    Maybe the heat in Canberra is starting to affect some posters early this summer? That's two weird posts!

Well we are a few years down the track. Who were the lucky young draftees to join the club that year?
    If my boss gave that speech I would probably walk out and get the giggles - totally inappropriate language in that context.
    In the context of being a bright young footy player listening to the most respected captain in the game, a premiership winner and a man totally in the moment, as I am about to commence the career I have dreamed of and worked very hard to get to that moment and be at that presentation I would find it highly motivating I imagine.
    +1 - The negative comments are taking the speech out of context.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

That's true, it that context it is obviously more appropriate but I guess for me personally it's a little abstract and doesn't all connect. I have a lot of respect for Kirk and the way he's helped build such an aura around the Swans, it doesn't mean I necessarily have to agree with his choice of words but I know where he's coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    That's true, it that context it is obviously more appropriate but I guess for me personally it's a little abstract and doesn't all connect. I have a lot of respect for Kirk and the way he's helped build such an aura around the Swans, it doesn't mean I necessarily have to agree with his choice of words but I know where he's coming from.

What he said.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Can't help but agree. It is a little over the top IMO.
    Agree - all that rhetoric when at the end of the day its just footy!

I mean I could understand some kind of speech like that being made between the doctors who performed the operation on those little co-joined twins, they had the lives of two precious little girls in their hands, It was going to take in excess of 24 hours to complete the operation, so they really needed motivation, inspiration and incredible team work to achieve a successful seperation (which thankfully they did!)

But for footy - hmm its a bit OTT when you consider its a bunch of blokes kicking a ball around a paddock for a few hours.! (which I do love watching, but its heardly earth shattering stuff now is it?)

But hey when Kirk retires he could always get the gig as speech writer for KEV07 when he eventually gets the job he really wants - being head of the UN!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast