Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Guernsey Presentation / 2010 numbers (allocated)

On the Rookie List
    surely number 19 gets a rest after all this time.
    number 14 took five years off after kelly retired.
    Onwards to Victory!

I was a bit taken back by Bradshaw being given 19 (my opinion, it should have been rested for a bit) but on further consideration thought that it is a mark of respect for a very senior player of the calibre of Bradshaw. Fair enough. I am sure Mick won't mind. More respect from the Swans than was given by the Lions IMO.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    Only McGlynn and Mumford chose to keep their numbers from their former team.

Kennedy and Bradshaw chose to change to new numbers rather than staying with their old number. They probably want a complete new start at the Swans.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Guernsey numbers finalised - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club

Surprises:
    - Seaby #1. Thought they might have gone for a higher profile player.
    - TDL #8. Probably shouldn't read too much into it, but it bodes well for him playing seniors.
    - Bradshaw #19 when #36 is available
    - Jetta relatively high at #32
    - No reallocation of current players' higher numbers to lower numbers. This seems to be a thing of the past.
    - #34 has been unallocated. Poor Luffy.
    Praise the lord!!!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Hopefully that doesn't mean he and Goodsey have had a falling out...
    Hehehe, nice one Liz

From your line of thinking, they are taking the mentoring of Jesse to another level.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Hehehe, nice one Liz

From your line of thinking, they are taking the mentoring of Jesse to another level.
    Well, that's not such a silly thought.
    Well spotted B.
    But I think it is a respect thing. He probably didn't want his old number, that belongs to another era,place, time and attitude.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    For quick reference, here are the ex-Swans's new numbers

Amon Buchanan #33
    Barry Hall #28
    Darren Jolly #18

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Hopefully that doesn't mean he and Goodsey have had a falling out...
    Probably more so they can be told apart.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

I think resting numbers is a bit silly

Does the number make the player or the player make the number. I can understand if a player dies during the season and the number is rested but Bradshaw has been around as long as Mickey. If Goodes gets upset well that is his bad luck.

I heard from a mate of a current player that Goodes is, well, highly opinionated of himself and good luck if you want to shake his hand in a nite club. Unless you are connected with another Swans player. I think ladies are excluded but don't waste your time as a male.

I'm sure there has not been a falling out but if we rest Micky's number shouldn't we be resting Leo's number (that grab) and Crouchy's too.

The number does not make the player. Has Luffy's number got spiders on it?
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    ...I heard from a mate of a current player that Goodes is, well, highly opinionated of himself and good luck if you want to shake his hand in a nite club....
    So is that the kind of source a journalist would call a "source close to the footballer"

Big deal, he is out to enjoy himself not shake the hands of complete strangers all night long. Maybe he made that decision as he gets targeted by pissed idiots quite often.

I actually ran into Goodes and Tadhg at Eastgardens about four years ago and both obliged a hand shake and a "good onya".
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

C'mon Scott - the 2010 player number list can be updated now. Forget the paid job and do something important!

So is the lack of a #34 out of respect for Luffy, or is noone deemed able to shoulder the burden that carrying such an auspicious number would undoubtedly bring?
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast