Thread: John Longmire

Veterans List

John Longmire

I went to a turn last night and caught up with a chap who I have known for 20 years. He is a close friends with a person who knows John Longmire very well and has met John on a few occasions. These people are not Swans people but are deeply involved with 2 separate AFL clubs in Melbourne.

The mail I got last night is that we have ourselves a coach in waiting who is very astute, knows his stuff inside out and is a very good people person. The change of coaches has been planned forup to 3 years will be a smooth transition, and we will not be disappointed.

Blog Entries
    Well, let's hope so Nico.
    On the back of the last 2 games, he will be inheriting a good group of upcoming kids next year, less a senior player or 2.

At the B&F the boys gave him a right royal appreciation and that pretty much says it all. They know who they have got and they approve; got it right with Roosy so its odds on they have got it right with Horse, and that's good enough for me.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Seems to have a touch of humility which is very important..please note Terry Wallace.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I went to a turn last night and caught up with a chap who I have known for 20 years. He is a close friends with a person who knows John Longmire very well and has met John on a few occasions. These people are not Swans people but are deeply involved with 2 separate AFL clubs in Melbourne.
    Straight from the horses mouth eh?
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

I would say that Horse has been doing most of the match day "coaching" for a while now.
    We're in tops hands.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I would say that Horse has been doing most of the match day "coaching" for a while now.
    We're in tops hands.
    Yeah I honestly don't believe it will make much of a difference - our game plan/style/recruiting will remain much the same i think!

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post

The mail I got last night is that we have ourselves a coach in waiting who is very astute, knows his stuff inside out and is a very good people person. The change of coaches has been planned forup to 3 years will be a smooth transition, and we will not be disappointed.
    Now this is exactly why internet forums were created.

So the facts from a friend of a friend of a friend can all be revealed

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Now this is exactly why internet forums were created.

So the facts from a friend of a friend of a friend can all be revealed
    Indeed good doctor, but if only you knew one of the names.