Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Premiers Predictions

I suspect ECE might struggle in this company at the moment so would suggest Wests v Syd Uni for GF wiht a SU victory altho pressure is a funny thing

Quote Originally Posted by The Purse View Post
    Bombers might be longer soon, few injuries and maybe not all there players have played enough games?

I think finals is down to three:
    Uni
    ECE
    Magpies

*** on late advise odds might be right, some players may of got the league special dispensation rule for injuries, league might get a few of these this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Heart_Abbott View Post
    I am definitely going for Sydney Uni for Prem division and then Wests runner up. In regards to Div 1 - Anyone but UTS.
    Sure IHA, Mac Uni to win 4 straight beating North Shore, Manly, UTS/Syd Uni (well fingers crossed anyway)!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawknik View Post
    Sure IHA, Mac Uni to win 4 straight beating North Shore, Manly, UTS/Syd Uni (well fingers crossed anyway)!
    Well done to jump up a divison and be in the finals mix again. Do you think that your team is much better this year than last years? Or have you found that the jump in grade with similar cattle (and natural improvement) means that the step isn't all that great.
    Can ask the same for Nor-West as well.

Certainly seems that 2009 Div 3 premiers Uni NSW have struggled in D2, but looks like a different team altogether in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Well done to jump up a divison and be in the finals mix again. Do you think that your team is much better this year than last years? Or have you found that the jump in grade with similar cattle (and natural improvement) means that the step isn't all that great.

Certainly seems that 2009 Div 3 premiers Uni NSW have struggled in D2, but looks like a different team altogether in 2010
    Dogs with their team from Div 3 last year would've been top 5 in Div 2 this year, but the bulk of their list got split up and spread through the grades. Of those that played under me last year, only 9 were playing vs H-Parra on the weekend, and all have developed under Bully, who is a lot more in-depth in his coaching than I ever was, so becoming better players.

SHH, very similar cattle really. Lost our ruckman, Phar Lap, as well as 4 others from the Prem team. Picked up a couple to compensate quite well and have had a ruckman who has stepped up from Div 4 very well. All in all is the same team, with natural improvement.

I think the top Div 2 teams naturally fit into Div 1 anyway as far as quality is concerned. Was a big gap between top of Div 2 last year and middle/bottom (same can be said in Div 1).

Big game for us this weekend to get passed Manly who we have not beat this year first though.

Short
    From what I can see the premiers from last years Div 2 only have about 13 that played last year, huge turn around in Personnel in the wuns this year even though the magoos and thirsties have more or less stayed the same. There 4ths are new boys as well. Although they are playing 4 over 36 in their ones the rest of the boys are 24 and under. Having played both SFL and SFA it was always known that the SFA was a much higher standard than the SFL ressies and this is how its panning out. Finals series in Div 1 are made up of SFA side, all be it Sydney Uni's ressies and east's ones. Just goes to show how strong the inner City clubs are, Location, Location, Location!
    Last edited by Pickup; 3rd September 2010 at 10:47 AM. Reason: incorrect fact

Quote Originally Posted by Hawknik View Post
    SHH, very similar cattle really. Lost our ruckman, Phar Lap, as well as 4 others from the Prem team. Picked up a couple to compensate quite well and have had a ruckman who has stepped up from Div 4 very well. All in all is the same team, with natural improvement.

I think the top Div 2 teams naturally fit into Div 1 anyway as far as quality is concerned. Was a big gap between top of Div 2 last year and middle/bottom (same can be said in Div 1).

Big game for us this weekend to get passed Manly who we have not beat this year first though.
    Just had a look at the squad, there is some change, the difference I think is more in the youth of the players that came in more so than the quality, as only 3 in the squad are now above 30 which means the running game ahs improved. Feels as though they have been here for years really.

Quote Originally Posted by Grady1993 View Post
    Well, I think I have a pretty good of getting it right tipping 2 weeks away from the grand final:

Premier - Sydney Uni
    Div 1 - Mac Uni
    Div 2 - Southern Power
    Div 3 - Penrith
    Div 4 - Auburn
    U18's Premier - East Coast
    U18's Challenge - Penrith, Undefeated
    Four out of seven isnt too bad

Thanks Hawk and Pickup for the input (yes, and PK as well). Having watched many games from Div 2-4 (and some Div 1's) I had the impression that the jump up a division wouldn't be that worrying for the top 2 or three sides. Obviously keeping a team together, along with youth, is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Of those that played under me last year, only 9 were playing vs H-Parra on the weekend, and all have developed under Bully, who is a lot more in-depth in his coaching than I ever was, so becoming better players.
    Don't be so modest Pekay!

Good luck to your guys tomorrow - should be a cracking game!

As Pekay said, UNSW did lose a lot of their players from their Div 3 Premiership team. Most stepping up to their Div 1 (Reserves) side. No doubt their Premiership side from last year would've given the finals a crack in Div 2 this year.

Thumbs up

Spot on PK could not of said it better.

" all players have developed under Bully, who is a lot more in-depth in his coaching than I ever was"
    well done

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Dogs with their team from Div 3 last year would've been top 5 in Div 2 this year, but the bulk of their list got split up and spread through the grades. Of those that played under me last year, only 9 were playing vs H-Parra on the weekend, and all have developed under Bully, who is a lot more in-depth in his coaching than I ever was, so becoming better players.

If PK was such a failure as a coach, surely Balmain would have signed him up by now.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast