Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Swans VS Dogs - Pre-game Chit Chat

Up There For Sydney! Adelaide Swan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Depends on your definition of 'get one up'. Lining them up against the wall, even figuratively speaking, seems a tad excessive.
    I meant by beating them on the field, mate.

I like Footscray I must admit but it'll be good to beat them to rub it in to Eade and Hall.

Depends on your definition of 'get one up'. Lining them up against the wall, even figuratively speaking, seems a tad excessive.
    Absolutely!! Anyone who lived through 1991 -1994 would see Eade, Plugger and Co as saviours of the club. I wish Eade all the best. He presided over some bloody good times for this club.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Up There For Sydney! Adelaide Swan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Absolutely!! Anyone who lived through 1991 -1994 would see Eade, Plugger and Co as saviours of the club. I wish Eade all the best. He presided over some bloody good times for this club.
    That's true, mate.

They were saviours of this club and presided over some fantastic times for the club but they are now the opposition and we have beat them down in Canberra this weekend.

I remember the dark days of the early 90's well and the great times of 1996.

That 1996 season was brilliant except for when we lost to North i n the Grand Final.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I would love to see Eade go down. When i'm dictator he will be one of the first up against the wall.
    My 1st bullet goes to Robert Walls, 2nd to Dimitriou. I don't mind Rocket, IMO he did the first phase of the Swans climb up the ladder before Roosey got us to the summit. He still deserves part of the credit, unlike Walls and Dimitriou who were actively trying to knock us down as we approached the premiership flag.

What did Eade do that was so abhorrent?!
    I didn't like Eade at all. I believe we would have developed quicker and further with a decent coach. He stifled the players natural flair and ability and i couldn't wait for him to be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I didn't like Eade at all. I believe we would have developed quicker and further with a decent coach. He stifled the players natural flair and ability and i couldn't wait for him to be gone.
    Go and watch the highlights of 96 and 98 and tell me where he curbed their flare. Like many long term coaches he lost his way towards the end but that doesn't diminish the good work he did in the early part of his career with the Swans. Some would argue that he was a misdirected kick away from being a premiership coach.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

geez how long ago did eade coach the swans, and how long has he been at the dogs? time to move on.
    Personally i like eade and thought he was great for our club when he was with us.

As for the actual match this weekend, its has the potential to make our season. It is a chance for this side to show what its made of in difficult conditions (players out) against quality opposition.
    Theres not much left to say

[QUOTE=Big Al;485099]Go and watch the highlights of 96 and 98 and tell me where he curbed their flare. Like many long term coaches he lost his way towards the end but that doesn't diminish the good work he did in the early part of his career with the Swans.
    Fair point but what about the other 5 years. The guys a control freak who rants and raves at his players and thinks that's good coaching.

There were a fair % of fans who weren't keen on Eade, particularly towards the end. And it's fair to say there would have been an even greater % of players and staff not keen as the fat lady sang at his Sydney career.

I'd say if the interweb and sites such as this were as popular, or even in existence in his later years here, we would have some very 'entertaining' and lively threads as the for's and against's butted heads.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Some would argue that he was a misdirected kick away from being a premiership coach.
    ...poor ol' Kelly - will he ever live it down (not that you could really blame him for the loss - we were still up at half time).

We haven't lost a game this year with Hannebery in them team

Same goes for Playfair. So I reckon that's reason for optimism
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like it Reggi.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast