Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Swans VS Dogs - Pre-game Chit Chat

Good one Reggi.

Re Rocket, He was sooo good for us - to start with. Then he got frustrated and appeared to take it out on certain players. From a personal point of view, watching the games by 2001 became stressfull - even when not really knowing why.....almost like watching BBB, in his final year with us, just waiting for the other shoe to drop, and noone was enjoying the game anymore. After all, it is a game and its supposed to be enjoyable. Rocket is a better coach now than he was with us at the end of his career here.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I also think the role of the coach has changed somewhat from when Rocket coached. The assistants and coaches team certainly seem to be deputised a lot more to a more of a prominent role. In comparison to the Eade era at the Swans, coaches seem to be more of a solo role and much more exposed to the pressures at a club and media level.
    Anyway, on to the doggies, their team is looking quite strong and they do have some players getting HOT form wise. As Ugg mentioned, the handsomest non-swan in the league, Giansiracusa is at boiling point right now and I think Cooney and Boyd are looking better each week. I am keen to see who plays on Harbrow as it is almost like he is going to need a tag!
    We are going to have to be super tight in defense and I really hope the guys are switched on from the bounce down at every quarter.
    Match ups will be interesting. Any thoughts?

Rocket doesn't seem like a good people person, he gets quite negative, you could easly see it impacting the form of less confident players
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Veterans List
    Win this and the season's back on track.

Don't see it happening tho I'm afraid - Doggies not in great nick atm but I suspect they'll find a weakened Swans outfit just the tonic for a confidence booster.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Matimbo View Post
    My 1st bullet goes to Robert Walls, 2nd to Dimitriou. I don't mind Rocket, IMO he did the first phase of the Swans climb up the ladder before Roosey got us to the summit. He still deserves part of the credit, unlike Walls and Dimitriou who were actively trying to knock us down as we approached the premiership flag.
    I always give Barassi the credit for laying the foundations of the current swans..He took them through the horror years, instilled the culture and discipline the club lacked and handed Eade a team that had almst instant success. Rocket was a fantatstic coach who burnt out after too many years here.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Win this and the season's back on track.

Don't see it happening tho I'm afraid - Doggies not in great nick atm but I suspect they'll find a weakened Swans outfit just the tonic for a confidence booster.
    And we all remember this time last year. I don't think the dogs were that great at that stage of the season, but they used the game against us to lift. Seems to happen a lot to us. People gear themselves up to play a 'tough' side, so we rarely get a side napping (like Geelong v Melbourne three weeks ago ... the cats weren't even in the game!)

On the Rookie List
    A lot of us came back to earth last week and you can tell that were all a bit more cautious about our ability to beat WBD. I hope that this isn't how the players are feeling. I think our confidence through pre-season into the first few rounds was a great thing - I just hope that they've been able to put a horror few weeks (injuries, loss and suspension) behind ... them because knocking the doggies off will be as much in the head and heart as it is anywhere else.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Razor Ray two weeks in a row and Leo Barry's favourite umpire. How lucky are we

Luke Farmer (4)
    Ray Chamberlain (18)
    Shane McInerney (30)

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Ray Chamberlain (18)
    Nothing going right for this game
    -

On the Rookie List
    We are stuffed at the selection table! Dogs by 30 points!

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Razor Ray two weeks in a row and Leo Barry's favourite umpire. How lucky are we

Luke Farmer (4)
    Ray Chamberlain (18)
    Shane McInerney (30)
    With that umpiring line-up ( except Farmer - don't know anything about him) we may as well credit the Dogs 5 goals right now.
    Red & White forever.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    We haven't lost a game this year with Hannebery in them team

Same goes for Playfair. So I reckon that's reason for optimism
    L O V E the attitude!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast