Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milestone Game

Milestone Game

This weekend see's Jason Ware from the Rams play his 300th game for the club after starting his career way back in 1985. This is a massive achievement for a bloke who has been a great clubman, player and bloke playing at a club with limited success over the years (2 flags in 25 years). Most blokes who have played in the old SFA or the new Div 3 or 4 will know Warey and how good a player he is. He has had a few run in's with the umpires for years (namely Harvey Wallbank!), but has always returned to play supurb footy for the mighty Rams. Would like to wish Warey all the best for this weekend and the rest of career.

On a side note, does anyone know what the record in Sydney footy is at the moment for senior games of footy played??

I think its Ellis Noack in the 400s, Campbelltown and Newtown I think.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubzy View Post
    This weekend see's Jason Ware from the Rams play his 300th game for the club after starting his career way back in 1985. This is a massive achievement for a bloke who has been a great clubman, player and bloke playing at a club with limited success over the years (2 flags in 25 years). Most blokes who have played in the old SFA or the new Div 3 or 4 will know Warey and how good a player he is. He has had a few run in's with the umpires for years (namely Harvey Wallbank!), but has always returned to play supurb footy for the mighty Rams. Would like to wish Warey all the best for this weekend and the rest of career.

On a side note, does anyone know what the record in Sydney footy is at the moment for senior games of footy played??
    Mate fair to say Div 2 as well - Jason can be a hot head but your right that its great to see guys who stay loyal to their clubs - He hit me with a hip and shoulder at a stoppage in 98 at greygums at a stoppage that knocked the @@@@ out of me also broke the t2 vertebrae in my back (thanks to a sprinkler) - glad I got the opportunity to ruck against him last year in d4 and win a few.
    As for the records unfortunately I dont think the Syd League is great - I know Donnie Dimmock would be at at least 300 by now and Dave RPMS Mcleod even more but we also played with a bloke I only know as Legend from Bankstown that had played over 400/500 games accross the country.

Steve Coleman latest of Camden was in his late 30's or early 40s when I started here in 92 and here was still running around last year for themso Id imagine Steve would have a fair few as would a certain slipper from Town.

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    Mate fair to say Div 2 as well - Jason can be a hot head but your right that its great to see guys who stay loyal to their clubs - He hit me with a hip and shoulder at a stoppage in 98 at greygums at a stoppage that knocked the @@@@ out of me also broke the t2 vertebrae in my back (thanks to a sprinkler) - glad I got the opportunity to ruck against him last year in d4 and win a few.
    As for the records unfortunately I dont think the Syd League is great - I know Donnie Dimmock would be at at least 300 by now and Dave RPMS Mcleod even more but we also played with a bloke I only know as Legend from Bankstown that had played over 400/500 games accross the country.

Steve Coleman latest of Camden was in his late 30's or early 40s when I started here in 92 and here was still running around last year for themso Id imagine Steve would have a fair few as would a certain slipper from Town.
    I think Kippereanu at Balmain has played over 350......

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Congratulations to Warey on his 300th match. It's a huge achievement, especially at one club, and one he and the entire Rams' set-up should be justifiably proud of.
    Obviously I wasn't there, but apparently his 299th was a fantastic performance against the Jets last week that very nearly turned the match in Penrith's favour. In fact, I was told "if it wasn't for Warey, we'd have won by six or seven goals".
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    I think its Ellis Noack in the 400s, Campbelltown and Newtown I think.
    Ellis played with Southern Districts back in the mid 60's when i was a kid. That was certainly pre Campbelltown days, not sure on Newtown.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Warming the Bench
    There's a couple still running around that come to mind - Brian Kershaw is playing for Cambpelltown, as is Butch from Mac Uni.
    They'd have to have a squizillion games each. Didn't Kershaw play his 400th a year or two ago?

Ellis Noack
    Outstanding ruckman of his time
    Played 470 senior matches for Ariah Park (53-56), Eastern Suburbs (57-58), St George (59-60), Newtown (61-64), Southern Districts (65-67), South Sydney (68), Southern Districts (69-76), Campbelltown (77-80).
    Captain/Coach of Newtown and Southern Districts
    Played an additional 200 games while in police force.
    Represented NSW on 8 occasions
    Played with both sons at Campbelltown
    Won several best and fairest awards

Almost Football Legend
    Another couple that come to mind:
    Troy Luff - between his games at Traralgon, Nelson Bay, the Swans and 9 years in Sydney AFL, he'd have racked up a huge tally of games.
    Salem Kassem is still running around, playing at Auburn this year. He'd have played a few hundred over the years.
    Brian Kershaw brought up his 400th game at Campbelltown a couple of years ago; and even got a call-up to the seniors for one game a couple of years ago after 10 years playing ressies. I don't think he's played this season, but I think he's still a registered player.

Congratulations to Jason Ware on his milestone. And to be in his 26th season all with one club is an amazing achievement.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Games played

Its a hard thing to gauge, especially at my club, as records for the Saints are scattered all across the country. General Milkins would be right up there, has played more than 100 in Jets colours, and around the 200 mark in Saints colours for Seniors, so he'd head our list along with Rocket, still playing and played in the Saints premiership back in the early 90s.

Did Balz end up breaking Trusty's record at the Goannas?

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Another couple that come to mind:
    Troy Luff - between his games at Traralgon, Nelson Bay, the Swans and 9 years in Sydney AFL, he'd have racked up a huge tally of games.
    Salem Kassem is still running around, playing at Auburn this year. He'd have played a few hundred over the years.
    Brian Kershaw brought up his 400th game at Campbelltown a couple of years ago; and even got a call-up to the seniors for one game a couple of years ago after 10 years playing ressies. I don't think he's played this season, but I think he's still a registered player.

Congratulations to Jason Ware on his milestone. And to be in his 26th season all with one club is an amazing achievement.
    Warey was on Baulko's senior list in the late 90s for a year or two.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Warey was on Baulko's senior list in the late 90s for a year or two.
    It wouldn't take 26 seasons to reach 300 games.

There would have to be a few missed seasons in there for one reason or another you would think.

Whatever the case, it is a fantastic achievement for someone to hit 300 games with their club in Sydney footy.
    Last edited by mountainsofpain; 21st May 2010 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Missed a sentence!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast