Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Folau to Western Sydney

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    They would be stupid to go after more League players with big bucks. If they ( RL players) wanna have a crack let them by all means, but don't pay them any more than say a guy from Ireland trying his luck at the game. I wonder how many would want to try out on a Rookie salary?
    You could never justify it as an elite sportsmen, there would need to be an incentive to cross over. Personally, I would go afte one more, that is Greg Inglis and then let the experiment run and see how the cross over is.

Some of the people on this site need to look at the makeup of Falau money. 250-300000 for playing, more for being ambassador and some more if certain triggers are hit to allow bonuses to be paid. All up it is a maximum of 1.2 M. Sure it is a lot of money but if he does not attract numbers he does not get the money. Western Sydney does not have the juniors to feed through into senior players yet but if a local hero, born at Minto, can get say 300 boys playing that would not have we will see clubs like Penrith in the Premier League. One step at a time and lets face it someone like Judd or Ablett or Kirk simply would not generate the interest. Unique money for a unique opportunity........thats Israel

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    This made me laugh.....as if North Melbourne would have the money.
    I think having no money is the hidden agenda here GS14.

Scott and Norf are kissing asses bigtime on this issue and will happily take a project on .... providing the AFL foot the bill.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Here's our old friend Nick Davis's opinions on who'd be able to make the transition from NRL to AFL...

Top leaguies could be stars with a Sherrin, says former Swan

Most people seem to think Greg Inlgis would be most likely to make a successful transition. I think Billy Slater would also make a real go of it. His explosive speed would be an asset to any team. Maybe Longmire should give him a call.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213