Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Folau to Western Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by KirkysSocks View Post
    I am sure he is a supurb athlete..but have you seen him kick? Unless he is a link up player and will just handball his kicking will be a major factor.

Twice this year i have seen passages of play where he tried a grubber or to kick the ball and he shanked it.
    Have you ever watched the 05 GF. Judd mis-kicked about half of his possessions and he was awarded BOG.

Seriously though, you look at any match of the AFL and you will see players mis-kicking on numerous occasions. Do you remember Jayson Daniels???????
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    ... BTW, in all of this have we forgotten that Mike Pyke comes from a similar (not the same) background? But I forgot......the Swans can do it, but not the Bogans.
    Have you seen Pyke drill a pass, by foot, to a team mate leading up the ground?
    Pyke can get away with out the kicking skills required for now, as he is a back up ruckman and can hand off to the kickers, or kick back to an unmarked team mate.
    Not a good comparison, but granted it the closest.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Here at work a few AFL diehard find it hard to understand that most people in sydney don't care about AFL. They simply can't comprehend and this to me shows how arrogant the AFL has been. Everytime i go back to sydney and want to talk about rules to anyone i am either told to stop or the convo doesn't go beyond say 1 reply. Apart from the die hard swannies and expats there is just no support for the code, not in the short term and not in the long term. But AFL people won't listen, they are convinced support is high. Even swans TV ratings are embarrassing in Sydney.

Yeah i might come across as negative and i will be shot down by the die hard who will argue there is plenty of support for AFL in sydney but i honestly think this money could and should be spent on developing juniors elsewhere.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Have you ever watched the 05 GF. Judd mis-kicked about half of his possessions and he was awarded BOG.
    Not to mention Brownlow boy in that same game.

Here at work a few AFL diehard find it hard to understand that most people in sydney don't care about AFL. They simply can't comprehend and this to me shows how arrogant the AFL has been. Everytime i go back to sydney and want to talk about rules to anyone i am either told to stop or the convo doesn't go beyond say 1 reply. Apart from the die hard swannies and expats there is just no support for the code, not in the short term and not in the long term. But AFL people won't listen, they are convinced support is high. Even swans TV ratings are embarrassing in Sydney.

Yeah i might come across as negative and i will be shot down by the die hard who will argue there is plenty of support for AFL in sydney but i honestly think this money could and should be spent on developing juniors elsewhere.
    I am a league fan from the western suburbs of Sydney and your observations are spot on. The interest in the Swans is a lot higher than it used to be but the interest in the AFL is very low. People are willing to talk about the Swans because they are Sydney's team but most won't talk about or know anything about the wider issues in the AFL.

It is very much a league culture out in the west and I think the AFL is pushing @@@@ uphill with their move into the area. As you say the money could have been spent on on junior developement and if they want an 18th team then have a team in an area that is crying out for one like Tasmania
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Rugby League should go after an AFL player.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I am a league fan from the western suburbs of Sydney and your observations are spot on. The interest in the Swans is a lot higher than it used to be but the interest in the AFL is very low. People are willing to talk about the Swans because they are Sydney's team but most won't talk about or know anything about the wider issues in the AFL.

It is very much a league culture out in the west and I think the AFL is pushing @@@@ uphill with their move into the area. As you say the money could have been spent on on junior developement and if they want an 18th team then have a team in an area that is crying out for one like Tasmania
    It's amazing the stupidity i have had to hear today.

Unless you have lived in this region or have close friends or relos who have nothing to do with AFL and have lived in Sydney for a large amount of time then your (afl fan) opinion is void and you have no right in thinking you know the sydney sporting landscape. I keep getting expert opinions from people who haven't even stepped outside their confines in melbourne to travel south of the yarra let alone north of the murray. These same people call RL rugby and when corrected give you the typical arrogant "what ever same game rugby both are @@@@" so i irk them by calling rules AFL.

But i still support my claim that GWS is just a front so the AFL can achieve it's maximum price when negotiating TV rights. The Fat Controller has KPIs too meet and if he doesn't won't get that extra half million he seems to award himself as a pay rise each year. A dash for cash from the boys club who run the code, heck a bag of spuds can run the afl. They know if it fails they can just relocate one of the smaller melbourne clubs who each year struggle.

BTW how would you feel if you were over looked in the draft say in the last two years because your disposal was a bit suspect and then the AFL announce they are signing a spud who can't kick for 3 mill for years?

It's amazing the stupidity i have had to hear today.
    I'm confused... you quote me and then you write this underneath. Are you having a go at my post????
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I'm confused... you quote me and then you write this underneath. Are you having a go at my post????
    ahh sorry Mister Al no i was agreeing with you..sorry i didn't double check as i am doing work, reading rwo and listen to stupidity.

Dam re reading it came across as having a go..sorry didn't mean it.

ahh sorry Mister Al no i was agreeing with you..sorry i didn't double check as i am doing work, reading rwo and listen to stupidty.
    Cool...

oh and Mister Big will do

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    An AFL game in Sydney EVERY WEEKEND, A Geelong, a Hawthorn, a Collingwood versing either SWANS or UP THERE ISRAELY AND HIS MOB...
    IT'S A BEAUTIFUL THING.... CAN'T WAIT....
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast