Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT CHANGE SWANS v ESSENDON SUNDAY 6 JUNE!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by randwforever View Post
    Hey BBB,

We have our debreif on the match this morning, ill bring up the Rssies/Gate open time issue and see how I go.
    Larissa

It is even worse if you come in via the Moore Park entrance. There the security people typically stand behind the locked gate up at road level until about 3 minutes before the reserves game starts, then think about unlocking the gates. Given we still have to walk round past the footy stadium and down to the ground itself, you almost have to sprint even to be in the ground by the time of the first bounce, let alone have found a seat. Hard to understand why the street level gates can't be opened another 5 minutes earlier (at least) so we are at least right outside the ground when the SCG gates themselves open.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    and please update sportingpulse with the reserves results thanks

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Larissa

It is even worse if you come in via the Moore Park entrance. There the security people typically stand behind the locked gate up at road level until about 3 minutes before the reserves game starts, then think about unlocking the gates. Given we still have to walk round past the footy stadium and down to the ground itself, you almost have to sprint even to be in the ground by the time of the first bounce, let alone have found a seat. Hard to understand why the street level gates can't be opened another 5 minutes earlier (at least) so we are at least right outside the ground when the SCG gates themselves open.
    Unfortunately this one is a little harder to resolve. The Trust wont allow us to open different gates accessing the members area at different times. Hopefully we can get the Ressies to start slightly later or the gates open earlier to resolve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    and please update sportingpulse with the reserves results thanks
    AFL NSW look after sportingpulse, ill forward on the feedback though

Veteran Site Admin
    Unfortunately this one is a little harder to resolve. The Trust wont allow us to open different gates accessing the members area at different times. Hopefully we can get the Ressies to start slightly later or the gates open earlier to resolve the problem.
    But opening the locked gate at street level wouldn't require opening the SCG itself earlier. We would still have to stand outside the ground itself until the SCG opens the gates to the ground. But at least we would be outside the ground itself, not another 3 minutes walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    But opening the locked gate at street level wouldn't require opening the SCG itself earlier. We would still have to stand outside the ground itself until the SCG opens the gates to the ground. But at least we would be outside the ground itself, not another 3 minutes walk away.
    Aha, ok i thought you were referring to the actual gates into the ground.

The question re: opening the street level gates will be raised with the SCg this week, ill keep you posted.

In regards to the gate opening times, the SCG are scheduled to open the gates 5 min before the start time of the ressies game. On the day I am told they often open a few minutes earlier than that are advertised. This being the case, how much of the Reserves game to you find you have missed?

Veteran Site Admin
    Personally I don't have a problem when I come in via the main Driver Avenue gates. They do seem to open a couple of minutes early. Mind you, I rarely worry about walking round to my actual seat (up in the O'Reilly stand) for reserves game - if I come in that gate I'll just sit somewhere on the concourse. If I were intent on walking round to the O'Reilly from the Driver Avenue gates, I probably would struggle to be seated for the first bounce.

Larissa
    You have to cater for the clumpers (me) who take ages to get in, get bags checked (must admit this year the bag searchers are considerably more intelligent than last year, my sandwiches haven't been searched once!), hoik along the bitumen, rest on the upward moving escalators, haul up the inside stairs, and balance your way down three rows to reach "my" seats on a non bending ankle (old falling down stair injury). This takes more than five minutes! Its more the principle of the thing; You like to be seated by the time the movie starts. ....
    NTP
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

In regards to the gate opening times, the SCG are scheduled to open the gates 5 min before the start time of the ressies game. On the day I am told they often open a few minutes earlier than that are advertised. This being the case, how much of the Reserves game to you find you have missed?
    Larissa, it varies, but I know the last game I was outside waiting for gates to open and by the time I got to the top deck of the Noble, about 50 secs of the game had elapsed. Now granted, 50 secs of the match isn't much, but if you there waiting for the gates to open, I think it's reasonable to expect to be able to make your regular seat before the match starts. Sometimes I comfortably make it by a minute or more which must be days they open the gates early. An extra 5 minutes would just make all the difference.

I have another idea. I'll take a large flashlight to the next game. When Primmy, ORB and myself are comfortably seated in the Noble, I'll flash two times and the umpires can start.

If it's a good enough procedure for the TV commercials.......lol
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

IMPORTANT CHANGE SWANS v ESSENDON SUNDAY 6 JUNE!

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post

I have another idea. I'll take a large flashlight to the next game. When Primmy, ORB and myself are comfortably seated in the Noble, I'll flash two times and the umpires can start.
    l
    I like it.

Not sure what would happen if you didn't turn up one time. Probably have 36 players and 3 umpires standing around for a couple of hours looking confused.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Perfect solution, Ill take that one to ops and see what they think

Larissa, it varies, but I know the last game I was outside waiting for gates to open and by the time I got to the top deck of the Noble, about 50 secs of the game had elapsed. Now granted, 50 secs of the match isn't much, but if you there waiting for the gates to open, I think it's reasonable to expect to be able to make your regular seat before the match starts. Sometimes I comfortably make it by a minute or more which must be days they open the gates early. An extra 5 minutes would just make all the difference.

If it's a good enough procedure for the TV commercials.......lol
    You can use the same signal after goals too, give you enough time to Twitter before the ball is bounced

By the way Cameras went to you and Cyclist 1 & Cyclist 2 after the Goodes Goal so don't complaign too much about the Noble stand being ignored
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast