Thread: Classic Swannies

Classic Swannies

nah wasnt his someone delete the thread :P
    Theres not much left to say

Living in 2005
    Despair to unrestrained joy! Probably still right up there with my favourite 2nd halves of the Barrassi-Eade-Roos Swans era despite some gems since.

I remember the Swans took over the front and back of both papers that Sunday despite big NRL and RU games that night, "Somehow...Swans: Back from the dead". Ah, good times.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SouthSwa...10/9ORRpKVRC3s

if this link works properly i loved this win v melbourne 2003

interesting commentry from quartermain in the last bit of the 2003 melbourne game video... "goodes could win a brownlow one day."

Warming the Bench
    It pretty much goes without saying that they went a fair bit better than expected that year, but it's hard to fathom how that list could ever have been considered worthy of nothing more than a wooden spoon...

Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    It pretty much goes without saying that they went a fair bit better than expected that year, but it's hard to fathom how that list could ever have been considered worthy of nothing more than a wooden spoon...
    I loved the promo ad before the prelim that year when they listed the people whom owed apologies to the Swans for picking them as wooden spooners.

Swans Apology
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I loved the promo ad before the prelim that year when they listed the people whom owed apologies to the Swans for picking them as wooden spooners.

Swans Apology
    Yes, a classic, I was sitting next to one of the blokes named on that list when it was played on the tv. A very funny moment. It almost made having to miss the trip to Sydney to watch it live worthwhile...