Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Karmichael Hunt's debut - streamed live (ABC)

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    He looks a little, what's the word, fat? for an AFL player, so first challenge will be losing 5Kgs and get fit
    Yeah, I imagine that won't be a problem- I'd say it's just based on the differing training for the codes.

He's actually a bit taller than I expected him to be.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    That was exciting actually, not many AFL level players could do that take the ball so low and get it off good crowd
    Yep, good crowd. For all the mockery of grabbing these guys, it's given a great crowd for the VFL. I hope Coburg have been smart and put a big effort into making it a great gameday experience for the folks who have gone so they think about coming back.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

T^hat is a very good livestream
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

That jumper is awfully close to Swans colour.....do they have an away strip yet?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Hunt is playing how you would. It's interesting to see he has a half forward dare I say Nick Davis to run out wide to get a cheap handball - and you forget how much courage it takes in AFL to put your head over the footy. Interesting to watch gald he kicked two goals so he is not humiliated you forget many AFL stars have work rate
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

They said on MMM that he had felt a bit sore in his hamstring and came off - was there any video that showed that?

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    That jumper is awfully close to Swans colour.....do they have an away strip yet?
    That's what I thought when I first saw their colours - it is a bit annoying really if they do look similar (from a brand point of view).

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1225878641917

I wouldn't draw any conclusions until he is fit. He is a long way short so will need a pre season before we can judge, and this is VFL level
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Yep, good crowd. For all the mockery of grabbing these guys, it's given a great crowd for the VFL. I hope Coburg have been smart and put a big effort into making it a great gameday experience for the folks who have gone so they think about coming back.
    Well, I had a good time there, Coburg were very nice to me and allowed me to watch the game from the warmth of the function room, I'll be back '-))

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I have been wondering about this since they first came out with the strip - I know there are teams in the comp who have very similar jumpers (North, Collingwood, Geelong) but surely it would have made more sense to come up with a new jumper entirely for a new club? At least our 'clash strip' is mostly white with a red V and won't clash with theirs at all if we wear white shorts - I think their away strip is yellow, so that shouldn't be an issue...

But anyway I didn't catch any of the game but the reports on sports tonight were less than flattering - they asked a spectator if he thought Hunt would make it and the answer was a straight-out "No". It's very early days, and good luck to him, but it just highlights how tough the transition is from the rugby codes. Look how long it took LRT to develop into an accomplished defender! I like the way the Swans have handled Pyke. He was on a rookie salary so cost us virtually nothing, and there was no pressure on him to deliver straight away. When you go after players like Hunt and Folau who are already established stars in their own sports, it is a HUGE jump from being the top of one tree to having to start at the bottom at another.

Living in 2005
    They haven't settled on their official guernsey but have said red is going to be the main colour. You'd have to think with the amount of pressure the AFL is putting on Essendon for an away strip that they will make sure GC have one that is doesn't clash with anyone else....I hope..

As for the game, I think he did pretty well for a guy who played Rugby League up until last September, then played Rugby up until last month. Nothing impressive, but I'd rate his chances for having a red hot go in our game at some point in time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12