Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: North Melbourne pre-game discussion (with teams)

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    So from the article we have:

Rohan at least 2 weeks
    Bradshaw 3 weeks
    Playfair season (most likely)
    Bird doesn't say
    Bird 3 weeks -
    Bradshaw is expected to miss up to three weeks with a torn hamstring, as will Bird who has suffered a recurrence of his foot stress reaction.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Veterans List
    You'd presume TDL will stay in. And Kirk's safe. Jetta? White?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    For a moment, I read the headline as "Swans need to break ankles"

So from the article we have:

Rohan at least 2 weeks
    Bradshaw 3 weeks
    Playfair season (most likely)
    Bird doesn't say

No mention of White so perhaps he should be right to come back. Otherwise we won't have any forward line!
    May have been edited after you posted.
    Bradshaw is expected to miss up to three weeks with a torn hamstring, as will Bird who has suffered a recurrence of his foot stress reaction.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Pushing for Selection
    Time to play youth, both White and Johnston should play this week. If Ted Richards gets a recall ahead of these two, I'll puke.

Quote Originally Posted by Brettb View Post
    Time to play youth, both White and Johnston should play this week. If Ted Richards gets a recall ahead of these two, I'll puke.
    Time to play whoever can walk!

Are you allowed to take crutches onto a footy field?
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

You'd reckon Meredith will come in for Bird and LJ would definately come in for Playfair if White unavailable.

No mention of MOD, so unsure if he's injury on the weekend is as bad as first thought. He and Vespa are terribly unlucky when it comes to timing injuries
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Brettb View Post
    Johnston has a chance, he did have his "money shot" pic in prime possie on last weeks reserves report.

Roflcopter smokey for debut this week is Irish Mk5 -> Mr McKaigue.

Richards will play.

If Bird is injured now because he was rushed back in, the fans have a valid reason to be pissed off....I know I will be.

Smith LRT Richards/Mattner
    Malcheski Grundy Kennelly
    Jack Kirk McVeigh
    McGlynn ROK Hannebery
    TDL White Johnston

Mumford Bolton Goodes

Pyke Kennedy Meredith Jetta/Vespremi

We'll be lucky to kick 5 goals this weekend. I'm all for adding Currie as well. Maybe throw Hall in the ruck for a while - mix things up.
    Last edited by Bloody Hell; 6th July 2010 at 07:16 PM.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Veterans List
    Be careful what you wish for? Old guard forwards gone - Bradshaw, Playfair. Bird - gone. If we get RWO's wish and Goodes goes back to the midfield, Jesse will be the senior forward if TDL and Johnston are with him. He may step up. Let's hope Gopher pops up for a ripper.

tough in and outs this week

Out: Bird, Playfair

In: Meredith, Johnston

White - i like everyone desperately want white in the team but i think what is best for everyone is that he finds some good form before he comes back in. Though it would be tempting to bring him back because we have no forward line.

Jetta - Ditto want him back but should wait till he hits form

Would definitely be bringing in Jetta and Johnston.

Veszpremi must play this week, surely! No doubt the match committee will find a reason not to play him though. If Jetta / White were sent back to find confidence and form then they need more than one week in the reserves, regardless of how many injuries we have.

Meredith is another who should come in this week.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast