Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 16, 2010 Blues V Swans Pre-Game Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Jared Moore looked really slow. We wouldn't lose anything by keeping Meredith ahead of him.
    I must say I agree with this. Moore is an impressive player with the ball in his hands (and his effort against the hawks ? last year in tapping it on to get hammered was really brave) but he does look slow when the ball is in the other team's possession and reasonably poor.

I like Meredith - and i'd really like to keep him in teh side.

Moore out, Jetta in? We could get really exposed for pace agaisnt the Blues. Mattner might not be needed in this one, and as much as it pains me to admit, Shaw and Bevo probably will be needed to negate the Blues small forwards. Is it too soon to bring White back in? I don't think so, get him back while his confidence is up, even if it was against crap opposition.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    A friend and I are trying desperately to get tickets to this game, but we cant. Anyone know if its ALREADY sold out???
    I just bought a GA ticket on Ticketmaster - now that's a frustrating experience. And how does $23.75 turn into $29?

I have no idea who to leave out.... it would have been shaw if it wasn't for his last quarter up forward, although North were pretty much playing with 17men out there by then which definitely helped out our final score.

White should come back in sooner than later, he seems to play better when bradshaw isn't in the side... which should only be another couple of weeks now.

I want Jetta back too but who will he replace?

Tough decisions this week but Carlton are really missing Kruezer at the moment which is great for us I expect a win.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I just bought a GA ticket on Ticketmaster - now that's a frustrating experience. And how does $23.75 turn into $29?
    The rip off $5 or $6 booking or administrative fee will do that when purchased on-line. Im pretty sure a GA ticket at etihad if purchased at the gate is only around $20-$21.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Had a similar issue at the SCG on Sunday-I bought my brother a ticket-usually $31.50, paid $39 as apparently they do not do members discounts at the stadium, even though they have always done so till now

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

'Fast' Etihad track may affect Swans' selection - AFL.com.au

Richards to stay in, Jetta more likely than White to come in to take advantage of the 'fast' Etihad track. Goodes's role up for 'debate'
    Last edited by ugg; 12th July 2010 at 06:25 PM.

On the Rookie List
    Bevan was good but he is a mud runner. I predict playing him will be a regret for us all (sorry Bevo).
    Jetta was pretty good in the mud and he will out-fox the Blues who wont expect any kid of form from him.
    Did you see that Eddie and Setanta got 3 kicks between them. Great message there.
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

Don't know why Goodes' role would be "up for debate". He is clearly a better player in the midfield and we have key forwards performing in the reserves who can come in if needed.
    Last edited by Robbo; 12th July 2010 at 06:50 PM.

Out: Shaw, Bevan

In: Mattner, Jetta

Thats the only changes i can see happening, Jesse needs to stay in the reserves a game longer i reckon just to get the message that he really needs to pick up his game, not just come back into the side and do the same thing again.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Jared Moore looked really slow. We wouldn't lose anything by keeping Meredith ahead of him.
    Oh dear, he might have looked slow but his return has in no short way gone towards our impoved effort in retaining the ball in the forward 50, something we failed to replace while he was out.

Not everyone in the side needs to be quick, get 40 touches and not make a mistake to be considered for the next week. It's a team game and there is alot of work that goes on off the ball to win a football game.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    Out: Shaw, Bevan

In: Mattner, Jetta
    Against Carlton? The side whose only really potent forward weapon is if they can get Yarran, Betts and Garlett all firing. Stop them, contain Setanta and Henderson (which with Reg and LRT in good form should be achievable) and it almost doesn't matter if Judd, Murphy and Gibbs have a field day in the middle of the ground. Sure, if we can stop those three having a field day in the middle it will be easier to contain the small Carlton forwards but I doubt our midfield is good enough to do that. Despite their limitations, Bevan and Shaw loom as far more valuable weapons to play on Yarran, Betts and Garlett than either Mattner or Jetta.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast