Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 16, 2010 Blues V Swans Pre-Game Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    Out: Shaw, Bevan

In: Mattner, Jetta
    Probably not Shaw, though I wanted to strangle him in the first half yesterday. Mattner in for Bevo.

Is Rohan going to be fit this week? If so, yet another selection challenge.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

im expecting the extended side to have no outs and ins to include white veszpremi and johnston
    Theres not much left to say

Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    im expecting the extended side to have no outs and ins to include white veszpremi and johnston
    and maybe Marty ?

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I kind of worry about Shaw's defensive skills against the likes of Betts and Yarran, though he, Bevo and probably Smith are still the most likely to be able to contain the Blues' small forwards. Wouldn't mind Jesse coming back in, he did well in this game last year until we collapsed after half-time.

In the middle of our fade-out against the Tigers, Bruce made a telling comment about the Swans being the 'barometers' - we've beaten the teams below us and lost to the teams above us. Our wins over Brisbane and Adelaide earlier in the year signalled the start of their slide, and our loss to Richmond was evidence of their recent good form. Carlton are not a top 4 side but still have the midfield to trouble us, so this will be a good litmus test. I think we can do it, but it will be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    Oh dear, he might have looked slow but his return has in no short way gone towards our impoved effort in retaining the ball in the forward 50, something we failed to replace while he was out. DST
    Jared had 4 contested possessions and layed 3 tackles and didn't bother the scorers. I fail to see how he performed this miracle of turning around our forward line unless of course he fell on the ball and couldn't get up or could it be on the odd occasion he actually gets the ball he takes forever to move it on. Excuse my sarcasm.
    Last edited by aardvark; 12th July 2010 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Jared had 4 contested possessions and layed 3 tackles and didn't bother the scorers. I fail to see how he performed this miracle of turning around our forward line unless of course he fell on the ball and couldn't get up or could it be on the odd occasion he actually gets the ball he takes forever to move it on. Excuse my sarcasm.
    He chased, he pressured, he was a nuasiance to their defenders which when you are not scoring yourself is the only things we ask of him.

Facts are, since he returned from injury we have retained the ball in our forward 50 better rather than it leaking like a sive with Jetta there.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

all I can say is that we'd better be fit as fiddles -Despite Carltons loss on Sunday to the Dogs the speed from both sides in that game was unbelieveable. Sure Carlton were thrashed, but they still looked a damn sight faster than we've ever been. And with the roof closed it wont be a wet slog - I really do hope that we can play the "free flowing footy" that LRT says we are known for.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    and maybe Marty ?
    if hes fit instead of johnston
    Theres not much left to say

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    He chased, he pressured, he was a nuasiance to their defenders which when you are not scoring yourself is the only things we ask of him.

Facts are, since he returned from injury we have retained the ball in our forward 50 better rather than it leaking like a sive with Jetta there.

DST
    I don't recall having seen Jetta spend much time as a forward at all, so I'm not sure he could be blamed for opposition defenders running from our F50.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

FYI, I can now tell you that any swans Melbourne based member who has 'Full blooded AFL Platinum' membership(which allows you into AFL reserve for any swans game in Melbourne, but you have to book) is NOT available anymore for this game. That area is sold out, as is apparently all of level 2.

We got our tickets on level 1, but I had to fork out an extra $25 to sit there, and its not AFL Reserve, its in a pocket somewhere.

I suggest to anyone from Sydney who's making the trip down to book ahead, even if its in the Gen Admission area(level 3), because this game looks like having a biggish crowd.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post

I suggest to anyone from Sydney who's making the trip down to book ahead, even if its in the Gen Admission area(level 3), because this game looks like having a biggish crowd.
    Thanks for the tip - is level 3 General Admission? I'll be heading down from Sydney for this game so would prefer to sit amongst other Swans supporters - does anyone have any tips on where would be the best spot? Thanks...
    Last edited by jono2707; 13th July 2010 at 03:04 PM.

Veterans List
    Please advise. I've bought a GA ticket but a friend of mine says she can get me into her area on Level 2. She is a dignified person who turns into a foul Eddie Murphy soundtrack at the footy. She's passionate Blues - as are all her friends. Should I sit with her for the better view but in enemy territory? She also says she can get me into the Blues' Supporters Club pre-game. As I wear all red and white on game days, is it a good idea to go?

Any local information would be welcome . . .

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast