Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 16, 2010 Blues V Swans Pre-Game Discussion

On the Rookie List
    I'm travelling down for this game as well. Going with my mates who are big blues fans. They booked out tickets. I'm starting to worry about where they might have us seated. I'm going to end up in the Blues supporters group aren't I! oh know

Actually for those people who have never been, I'm always surprised by the amount of support we get down there with the South Melbourne contingent, so it never feels as much like enemy territory as it does going to a place like Geelong, Subi or AAMI
    Last edited by andyn; 13th July 2010 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Please advise. I've bought a GA ticket but a friend of mine says she can get me into her area on Level 2. She is a dignified person who turns into a foul Eddie Murphy soundtrack at the footy. She's passionate Blues - as are all her friends. Should I sit with her for the better view but in enemy territory? She also says she can get me into the Blues' Supporters Club pre-game. As I wear all red and white on game days, is it a good idea to go?

Any local information would be welcome . . .
    Any chance you get to sit on level 2 at Etihad....do so, its the best seat in any any arena at any ground in Australia(granted, I havent been to every ground in Australia). But the view from that level is awesome. Dont worry about the blues supporters, they'll be outnumbering us anywhere you sit on Sunday, but we'll still have plenty of support there.

Funnily enough, I will be at a Blues supporters club pre game function too for this game, friend of a friend type deal, you wont be the only swans supporter there, but there wont be many of us, thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Thanks for the tip - is level 3 General Admission? I'll be heading down from Sydney for this game so would prefer to sit amongst other Swans supporters - does anyone have any tips on where would be the best spot? Thanks...
    Level 3 is General Admission, its till not a bad view from up there, better than the top deck at the MCG, thats for sure.

Just sit anywhere, as I said in an earlier post, the Blues supporters will outnumber in this game by plenty, but up on level 3, everyone is just scattered all over the place.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There are some crap seats on Level 1 though so be careful.

On the Rookie List
    I just hope they are not too quick for us again like late last year where they ran all over us and won by 10 goals.
    The dome is not a great fit for the swans as of late but if there is ever a time to get the blues its now.
    Also the impact of not having a key back (B2), and a full strength ruck line up (Seabs) is minimal against the blues because of their small fwd line and kruezer going down.

Im predicting a close game, and hoping that we can finally win a tight one this year...

Quote Originally Posted by JC 14 View Post
    I just hope they are not too quick for us again like late last year where they ran all over us and won by 10 goals.
    The dome is not a great fit for the swans as of late but if there is ever a time to get the blues its now.
    Also the impact of not having a key back (B2), and a full strength ruck line up (Seabs) is minimal against the blues because of their small fwd line and kruezer going down.

Im predicting a close game, and hoping that we can finally win a tight one this year...
    If it is tight i reckon we will lose - we actually need to crack them open and we have got to have someone who can run with murphy and judd - without them getting it forward with space and time their forwards can look lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    She is a dignified person who turns into a foul Eddie Murphy soundtrack at the footy.
    School teacher with glasses? I better not say anymore
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Veterans List
    Selection this week? Well as always, let's get rid of the useless whipping boy lemons LRT, Pyke, Teddy and Bevo. Surely they almost caused us to lose against Norf? Then we should bring in ............ ?

I've only just watched Sundays game and it looked to me like all of the favourite RWO whipping boys played ok???

I've been a staunch supporter of LRT and he again played a very good game, this time against a tall Norf forward set up. I like the evelopment of Pyke, he is now actually giving us something around the ground, nice contested grabs, better understanding of the game. I doubt he's the worse ruckman playing AFL now!

Veteran Site Admin
    I just did a ticket search for a level 2 seat and it is offering me up on that looks pretty good - on the wing, close to the centre line, in the gold reserve. Am I likely to be completely surrounded by rabid Carlton fans if I sit there? It seems too good to be true!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I just did a ticket search for a level 2 seat and it is offering me up on that looks pretty good - on the wing, close to the centre line, in the gold reserve. Am I likely to be completely surrounded by rabid Carlton fans if I sit there? It seems too good to be true!
    Grab them. Awesome seats.

Suspended by the MRP
    stop the eye gouger, sleeper holding Judd Judy - we'll win....

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama View Post
    stop the eye gouger, sleeper holding Judd Judy - we'll win....
    Who normally plays on Judd? Jack seems the logical choice. He'd be too quick for Kirk.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast