Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 16, 2010 Blues V Swans Pre-Game Discussion

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Rd 16, 2010 Blues V Swans Pre-Game Discussion

Another 'eight-pointer' game coming up. We sit just above the Blues with 0.9 percentage lead.

Marty Mattner should be fit according to Roos.
    Jetta and White are in contention after their reserves performance, also according to Roos.

The three that came in this week Meredith, Richards and Bevan all played pretty well (for most observers anyway)

It will be a very interesting team selection meeting this week.

Is it too late to press the MRP to continue their stabbing in the dark and get Judd suspended for this match? If not then McVeigh to keep him company all day. He seems to be able to shut him down quite well.
    Last edited by laughingnome; 12th July 2010 at 01:26 PM.
    10100111001 ;-)

I doubt that it would be wise to bring Jetta or White back just yet. A bunch of easy possies in a walkover doesn't teach us much. The best news from Sunday was Meredith. I hadn't seen him for so long that I had forgotten how good he looks. He seems to have so much time when he gets the ball ... an indication of real class. Smith impressed me again with his steadiness under pressure ... he doesn't go to ground easily, which is a critical skill in a defender.

Blog Entries
    Smith is fast becoming Mr Reliable. Steady head, good hands and feet. Very dependable, even under pressure.
    Bevan, Shaw and Smith should be able to contain, the Blues small fwds.
    Hopefully, LRT Reg and Marty will do the job on the talls they manage to get down there.

We just need a big body tall down in the F50, and use Ted as a decoy. Keep him out of harms way.
    McV had a very quiet day yesterday, so should be up for the challenge of Judd.

Let's see if Goodes can improve on yesterdays effort and rip the blues a new one. Yesterday was a workman like performance by Goodes without being a star.

Carlton may have been trounced yesterday but it was a high quality game and the Bulldogs were on fire.

If the roof is closed it's going to be a huge test for us - a quick, high scoring shoot out. Not the sort of game you'd back the Swans in.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Smith is fast becoming Mr Reliable. Steady head, good hands and feet. Very dependable, even under pressure.
    Hopefully, LRT Reg and Marty will do the job on the talls they manage to get down there.

We just need a big body tall down in the F50, and use Ted as a decoy. Keep him out of harms way.

Let's see if Goodes can improve on yesterdays effort and rip the blues a new one. Yesterday was a workman like performance by Goodes without being a star.
    If you're going to bring Mattner and "a big body tall" into the team and retain Bevan and Richards (and Shaw, who others seem to want gone), who are you going to leave out?

Even with a tall body in the forward line, I think we still need TDL. Meredith did pretty well with ball in hand. Those are the only two I can see being pushed out but would be disappointed if it happened.

As Ugg says, it is going to be a difficult week at selection table.

i would put white in for richards, as good as richards was yesterday and his efforts were great, white offers more. Im always remembering his efforts in the same game last year.
    Theres not much left to say

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post

The defence is not looking too bad.
    And as for the big-bodied tall, there's a possiblity in Pyke resting forward. He could cause the Blues a real headache.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

A friend and I are trying desperately to get tickets to this game, but we cant. Anyone know if its ALREADY sold out???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    If you're going to bring Mattner and "a big body tall" into the team and retain Bevan and Richards (and Shaw, who others seem to want gone), who are you going to leave out?

Even with a tall body in the forward line, I think we still need TDL. Meredith did pretty well with ball in hand. Those are the only two I can see being pushed out but would be disappointed if it happened.

As Ugg says, it is going to be a difficult week at selection table.
    Guess that's why I'm not a selector!!
    I think Meredith did enough to get another go.
    Not sure who we'd drop, I guess Bevo, and Ted would be top of the pops for that.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    The defence is not looking too bad.
    And as for the big-bodied tall, there's a possiblity in Pyke resting forward. He could cause the Blues a real headache.
    Maybe Mumford, for longish spells, and leave Pyke more time in the Ruck.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    A friend and I are trying desperately to get tickets to this game, but we cant. Anyone know if its ALREADY sold out???
    I would HIGHLY doubt that this would be a sell out! 40,000K max IMO. Depends where you wanna sit, but just get tix at the gate.

Jared Moore looked really slow. We wouldn't lose anything by keeping Meredith ahead of him.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast