Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Rd 17, 2010 Demons V Swans Pre-Game Discussion (with Teams)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Rnd 19, 2006 (12, aug). MCG
    Swans 95-63.

A young H Grundy, played his 4th game.
    And I do have a feeling Mickey O done his hammy stretched out on a marking lead.
    If u don't believe me, I will knock your bloody teeth out and not pay you a cent.

Which end will Swans supporters be today? For memory Demons congregate at the city end in their tweed jackets. I've never sat at Punt Rd end for Swans games though so if someone could confirm I'd appreciate it.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    A work person I deal with who knows Sam Reid said he is being really cagey and wouldn't go out this weekend "due to training"...don't know what that means, maybe he just really doesn't like this guy haha, but I thought I would share for speculation purposes!

I'm down in Melb this weekend for the game and can't wait to see Jetta get his first goal! Gonna happen......
    Nothing like positive rumour. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sam out there, especially since he is ob viously an emergency so he will be down there (as per the usual with emergencies) and if Macca is still carrying perhaps they will trust Jetts with his job and give Reid Smiffy's job.

Macca was crook big time the week before, so he played an ineffective game, and he said (as they do), that the knock was tightening up and he came off for precaution. It wasn't as though we were going to lose the game by the time he came off. Common sense. Mind you, Plugger had a strained archiles which was in fact a groin......so I don't believe any of them. Will probably get a bit more of this furfy info now that there are some genuine players knocking on the door of the seniors camp.

More speculation from the work person who knows Sam Reid would be appreciated Damien. I rate him and look forward to his career.
    Last edited by Primmy; 25th July 2010 at 11:25 AM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

no changes for us McVeigh will play

MELBOURNE v SYDNEY SWANS
    Melbourne
    B: Colin Garland, Jared Rivers, Clint Bartram
    HB: Jordie McKenzie, James Frawley, Joel Macdonald
    C: Jamie Bennell, Cameron Bruce, Brad Green
    HF: Lynden Dunn, Cale Morton, Tom Scully
    F: Colin Sylvia, Jack Watts, Liam Jurrah
    Foll: Mark Jamar, Rohan Bail, Aaron Davey
    I/C: Nathan Jones, Paul Johnson, Addam Maric, Austin Wonaeamirri
    Changes to the selected side
    In: Wonaeamirri
    Out: Moloney

Sydney Swans
    B: Rhyce Shaw, Ted Richards, Daniel Hannebery,
    HB: Paul Bevan, Heath Grundy, Tadhg Kennelly
    C: Nick Malceski, Brett Kirk, Kieren Jack
    HF: Ryan O'Keefe, Mike Pyke, Jesse White
    F: Ben McGlynn, Adam Goodes, Jarred Moore
    Foll: Shane Mumford, Jude Bolton, Jarrad McVeigh
    I/C: Lewis Jetta, Brett Meredith, Martin Mattner, Josh Kennedy
    Changes to the selected side
    No change

This story says it.

Swans need Demons' scalp
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Moloney is a big out for the Dees
    Ed Considine's day out - Round 3, 16th April 1995.
    11 Kicks, 13 Handballs, 8 Marks, 1 Goal, 1 Behind, 1 Tackle, 1 Hitout, 3 Brownlow votes (his only votes)
    Ed = God

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Chookbilly View Post
    Moloney is a big out for the Dees
    Not big enough. I think we'd be better of with Moloney rather than Wonaeamirri
    Last edited by liz; 25th July 2010 at 04:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooth Fairy View Post
    And I do have a feeling Mickey O done his hammy stretched out on a marking lead.
    Probably. I remember it was an unneccesarily wide kick given the lead we had, nad it was the dying minutes of the game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Which end will Swans supporters be today? For memory Demons congregate at the city end in their tweed jackets. I've never sat at Punt Rd end for Swans games though so if someone could confirm I'd appreciate it.
    I saw plenty of Ralph Lauren polo horses today.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    +1

And if we're talking specifically about the decision not to include Veszpremi this weekend, you don't even have to speculate about behind the scenes activity to hazard a creditable guess about why he's not in the team. He was just so-so in the reserves a fortnight ago, and was very ineffective last weekend. I have been a big Vez fan since the first time I saw him play, and I thought he was stiff to get dropped after the Port game. But he's done nothing onfield over the past couple of weeks to suggest he is hard done by this weekend by not being selected.

(Whether Jetta deserves a spot based on the last two weeks is also debateable, but he played a blinding half two weeks ago and a blinding 15 minutes last weekend. It's not much, but it is a whole heap more than Veszpremi.)
    \\
    of course we can comment, just look at the team perforamce on game day and you wil see how effective the coaches are.Our playing list is certainly as good as Melbourne,s. Coaching however is not the same at all..result=Melbourne win.Smell the coffee!!Coaches need to be accountable not worshipped!

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    \\
    .Our playing list is certainly as good as Melbourne,s. !
    If I were offered both coaching jobs tomorrow I know which one i'd pick and it wouldn't be Sydney.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    \\
    of course we can comment, just look at the team perforamce on game day and you wil see how effective the coaches are.Our playing list is certainly as good as Melbourne,s. Coaching however is not the same at all..result=Melbourne win.Smell the coffee!!Coaches need to be accountable not worshipped!
    Not sure why you quoted this post and took from it that either a) you can't comment or b) coaches are being worshipped.

My post was merely agreeing with an earlier one in the thread that pointed out you can comment all you like but when it comes to some matters - specifcally in this instance the selection or non-selection of certain players - you are doing so based on a fraction of the information available to the coaches. Which means that most of the time they are far more likely to be making better judgements than any RWO poster is capable of doing.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314