Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 17, 2010 Demons V Swans Pre-Game Discussion (with Teams)

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    So who comes in for Mummy when the mrp gets him ?
    They could use White in the Ruck and bring in a forward (small) if need be to cover his spot.

TDL and Vesz, hopefully. Or Rohan and Vesz if The Grandmaster Tang has fully recovered.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Quote Originally Posted by gossipcom View Post
    They could use White in the Ruck and bring in a forward (small) if need be to cover his spot.
    White actually showed a bit and probably needs to play up forward to keep improving in that role. I suppose Currie is next on the Ruck list.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Nothing on Mumford, but Walker also gets off which surprises me a little

MRP: Mackenzie gets a reprimand, Motlop 2 weeks, Walker gets off, Ash mcgrath 1 week, Cotchin 3 weeks.

Phew, i thought Mummy was a goner, must be MRP guilty conscience....

From MRP...

Contact between the Sydney Swans? Shane Mumford and Carlton?s Aaron Joseph from the third quarter of Sunday?s match was assessed. The panel said Mumford tackled Joseph with the ball and took him over the boundary line. While the pair were on the ground, Mumford pushed Joseph?s head into the ground in the final part of the tackle. The panel said the force was not sufficient to warrant a reportable offence, and Joseph required no medical treatment for the incident. No further action was taken.

Contact between the Sydney Swans? Martin Mattner and Carlton?s Jarrad Waite, as well as contact between Waite and Mattner, from the fourth quarter of Sunday?s match was assessed. The matter was investigated by the Match Review Panel and, on the evidence of both players that was received, it was determined that no reportable offence had occurred. No further action was taken.

Struggling to remember any comment on the Mattner/Waite incident/s on the TV coverage. Anybody at the ground have an insight??
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    .... but Walker also gets off which surprises me a little
    He didn't get off per se, he was found guilty but with a good record he gets it down below a suspension. Early plea gets it even further below. But I agree, he'd count himself pretty lucky I'd imagine.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    From MRP...

Contact between the Sydney Swans? Shane Mumford and Carlton?s Aaron Joseph from the third quarter of Sunday?s match was assessed. The panel said Mumford tackled Joseph with the ball and took him over the boundary line. While the pair were on the ground, Mumford pushed Joseph?s head into the ground in the final part of the tackle. The panel said the force was not sufficient to warrant a reportable offence, and Joseph required no medical treatment for the incident. No further action was taken.

Contact between the Sydney Swans? Martin Mattner and Carlton?s Jarrad Waite, as well as contact between Waite and Mattner, from the fourth quarter of Sunday?s match was assessed. The matter was investigated by the Match Review Panel and, on the evidence of both players that was received, it was determined that no reportable offence had occurred. No further action was taken.

Struggling to remember any comment on the Mattner/Waite incident/s on the TV coverage. Anybody at the ground have an insight??

I didn't see the initial incident but mattner definitely complained to the nearby field umpire - it was in the fourth quarter very close to our goals - waite then walked over to him after the complaint and they sort of put their heads together but there was no actual headbutt.

Phew great to hear Mummy is good to go for the weekend- he is having a superb season and you know with him in the team that we are never going to get badly beaten in the ruck.

On the Rookie List
    Is it just me or was ROK struggling on Sunday? Kicked on right foot several times, and passing up the 45m set shot to McVeigh. Seemed like he was restricted in the buttock/hamstring area, would it be reasonable to rest him this week against Melbourne? I would hate to see him miss 3-4 weeks heading into the tail end of the season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    From MRP...

I was obviously too far away to wee the Mummy incident.
    But there was one where Marty launched himself almost sideways (horizontally) into a carlton player, Maybe that was the one.

On the Couch tonight showed a stat for forward half turnover conversion. Collingwood was 1st, Swans were 16th. Seems from that our forwards aren't working hard enough or the game plans not right.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast