Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 17, 2010 Demons V Swans Pre-Game Discussion (with Teams)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    If you watch the mark which Eddie took coming in from the side in the Blues' goal square, you will see a Swan (Mattner I think) clearly being pushed off balance as the ball was arriving, not by Betts but by another Blue. Whether Mattner could have effected a spoil had he not been pushed out of the way is debateable, but was definitely a clear push and softer ones have been paid. (Not that I am claiming we were hard done by overall - we weren't.)
    Mattner should still have spoilt it - that had me screaming at the TV. But yes you're right, again we did well with the umps - to give Blues fans their due, I haven't seem any of the bleating we saw from Bombers whingers and they probably had a better case to argue.

ON match selections, I see MOD is a "test" this week - if fit, surely he'd be a pretty good like for like swap for Nick?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post

The few supporters they have are all in their Range Rovers heading up to the snow. Feature articles regarding Melbourne won't sell many papers.
    We will quite possibly outnumber them on sunday like we did V North
    Have to admit this cliche did cross my mind when I missed the North game to go to the snow. It occurred why the heck wouldn't you miss a game of footy to go skiing? (As it turned out, the answer was the almost complete absence of snow and the potential for serious physical harm).

Quote Originally Posted by TheHood View Post
    I think if Sydney enter this game with complete respect for the Demons, then the lift should get the Swans the chocolates. There are many teams this year that have paid no heed to the Demons and gotten jumped or just beaten because they do have heart and play with great enthusiasm and free-wheeling ways.

It's encumbant upon the Swans to teach the young Demons the meaning of pressure and accountability the hard way, I think a 45 point loss should do the trick.
    If anyone saw Melbourne's effort against the dockers(in Perth) after quarter time will know that they aren't pushovers anymore. We have to pay them a lot of respect to beat them. They have improved out of sight this year.

I have been to 1 of their games, the one they lost to Collingwwod by a point early on in the year, they played so well. I also watched, in full on TV, the Queens birthday clash against Collingwood too, the draw. They are able to match it with Collingwood very well.

No, this side wont be pushovers thats for sure, but I still think the Demons are a team full of Kids that cant sustain the distance. Our 'bigger bodies' should get us over the line.....4-5 goal win.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Bringing 9 other staff members down from Sydney (most Leagies) for a footy (lads) weekend in Melbourne. Each has brought a Swannies Polo which has been embroided to remember the weekend. Just hope we win!
    Well done Matt79. This is called growing the market. I hope you have a great weekend and we get a few more dedicated Swans fans who will attend games in Sydney.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Have to admit this cliche did cross my mind when I missed the North game to go to the snow. It occurred why the heck wouldn't you miss a game of footy to go skiing? (As it turned out, the answer was the almost complete absence of snow and the potential for serious physical harm).
    Serves you right....

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    ...No, this side wont be pushovers thats for sure, but I still think the Demons are a team full of Kids that cant sustain the distance. Our 'bigger bodies' should get us over the line.....4-5 goal win.
    Just like the Tiggers game? Our bigger bodies didn't help that day.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Well, big news for me as I am going down to watch this game. I hope I haven't picked the wrong game.

The Swans had a much easier run than the Demons yesterday and I wonder how much a trip to Subi will affect their performance. If they had won yesterday after a significant comeback and at Subi would have had them pumped for the Swans next week.

Swans major concern will be to see how many were injured from yesterday's game.
    I'm counting on them being exhausted after the trip to Wait Awhile.
    They came back great guns at Fweo last week, so for me, it's going to be a battle.
    Pity we're not playing at home. I would have loved the opportunity to see Jurrah up close and personal.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Reg head to head with Jurrah will be great to watch.

Plus the battle of the whipping boys - Jack Watts v Ted.

At the other end of the ground, interesting stats on Gopher and Bulldog.

The Swans have won four of the six games the pair has played together, averaging about 99 points a game in that time, compared to 81 points when one or both are out. In contrast, they have a 55 per cent winning ratio with only one of the pair in the team and a 25 per cent success rate when neither plays.

The whiteboard: alive and kicking - AFL.com.au
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

here's a question that popped into my head just now.... who was the last player to come to the swans from the demons in a trade and when?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    here's a question that popped into my head just now.... who was the last player to come to the swans from the demons in a trade and when?
    Darren Jolly in '04 is the last that springs to mind. They got Lynden Dunn with their draft pick I believe. We then upgraded to the JetStar.
    Last edited by giant; 21st July 2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    Jolly?
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Yes; 2004 draft wasn't it for 2005 ? Played with Ball in GF. Don't know if we actually traded a bloke for him, not direct anyway. Probably a draft pick. Some one out there with more stats at fingers would know.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast